Letter: Land management by the state of Utah is both environmentally and fiscally responsible
Stuart Johnson, Deseret News
The latest misleading advertisement from the Southern Utah Wilderness Alliance to try to defeat the Utah Land Bill is about a so-called businessman who thinks that the federal government is some generous benefactor, who manages Utah lands for "free." Why would we ever turn over Utah land management to Utah when the feds do it for 'free?
Guess what? The feds don't do it for free; the very money that the BLM spends comes out of your and my pocket in the form of federal taxes.
Utah is a fiscally responsible state. Control of Utah lands by Utahns will open up vast sources of mineral rights and exploration of energy, currently being curtailed by eastern-controlled environmentalists' choke hold on the federal government.
Land management by the state of Utah is both environmentally and fiscally responsible.
- Natalie Gochnour: Contrasting religious practice
- Letter: Romancing the gun
- John Florez: School board members must speak up
- In our opinion: Remembering German Unity Day
- Michael Erickson: Stop America's later-term...
- Letter: Fall of America
- Letter: Congress surrendered
- George F. Will: Finding our place in the...