Letter: Land management by the state of Utah is both environmentally and fiscally responsible
Stuart Johnson, Deseret News
The latest misleading advertisement from the Southern Utah Wilderness Alliance to try to defeat the Utah Land Bill is about a so-called businessman who thinks that the federal government is some generous benefactor, who manages Utah lands for "free." Why would we ever turn over Utah land management to Utah when the feds do it for 'free?
Guess what? The feds don't do it for free; the very money that the BLM spends comes out of your and my pocket in the form of federal taxes.
Utah is a fiscally responsible state. Control of Utah lands by Utahns will open up vast sources of mineral rights and exploration of energy, currently being curtailed by eastern-controlled environmentalists' choke hold on the federal government.
Land management by the state of Utah is both environmentally and fiscally responsible.
- There are no Frodos without Sams: The reality...
- Gov. Herbert: Executing fundamentals for a...
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- My view: Eliminating the root cause of bullying
- Jay Evensen: Infatuated with his good looks,...
- George F. Will: Understanding our divisions:...
- In our opinion: In an entrepreneurial...
- Brad Stine: Words created everything, so we...
- Letter: Socialism, like salt 49
- Letter: Disagreement vs. hate 41
- Robert Bennett: Making our own spending... 40
- George F. Will: Understanding our... 39
- There are no Frodos without Sams: The... 39
- In our opinion: An immigration opportunity 35
- My view: Immigration reform just makes... 33
- Robert J. Samuelson: Long-term... 26