Letter: Land management by the state of Utah is both environmentally and fiscally responsible
Stuart Johnson, Deseret News
The latest misleading advertisement from the Southern Utah Wilderness Alliance to try to defeat the Utah Land Bill is about a so-called businessman who thinks that the federal government is some generous benefactor, who manages Utah lands for "free." Why would we ever turn over Utah land management to Utah when the feds do it for 'free?
Guess what? The feds don't do it for free; the very money that the BLM spends comes out of your and my pocket in the form of federal taxes.
Utah is a fiscally responsible state. Control of Utah lands by Utahns will open up vast sources of mineral rights and exploration of energy, currently being curtailed by eastern-controlled environmentalists' choke hold on the federal government.
Land management by the state of Utah is both environmentally and fiscally responsible.
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument in...
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on Mexican...
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to help...
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood scandal...
- In our opinion: Sen. Mike Lee's proposed...
- Letter: More Lehi gridlock?
- My view: Obama has you cornered with K-12...
- Five principles to help guide public dialogue...
- Five principles to help guide public... 111
- In our opinion: Sen. Mike Lee's... 78
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on... 65
- Letter: Human body 41
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 32
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 28
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 25
- In our opinion: School libraries need... 18