'It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown' not appropriate for children, blogger says
1966 United Feature Syndicate , ©1966 United Feature Syndicate
Our take: According to a parenting blog, the classic Halloween show "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" needs to be retired. The blogger talks about how times have changed since the show first aired and says today's kids should not be exposed to the show's "continuous teasing and bullying." Is it time to say goodbye to one of America's classic Halloween shows?
Times have changed since our parents were kids. Our parents flew on planes with smoking sections, car seats didnt exist, and "Its The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" was a slice of Americana.
Now smoking is banned most everywhere, parents need to buy three different car seats over the course of a childs life, and Charlie Brown is no longer appropriate.
My boys are 5 and 2. Young kids.
- A father's bucket list: 10 things I want to...
- 5 underrated Disney movies
- Wyoming ranked third in US in percentage of...
- Motherhood Matters: When there is nothing...
- Lexi Hansen forgives driver who hit her (+video)
- The Clean Cut: Time-lapse video captures...
- What accounts for the cinematic generation gap?
- The Clean Cut: Mitt Romney, Jimmy Fallon...
- Dear mom on the iPhone: Let me tell you... 76
- 5 underrated Disney movies 17
- Erin Stewart: Prom dress modesty raises... 9
- Top reasons couples divorce... 4
- A father's bucket list: 10 things I... 3
- Did the Internet kill April Fools' Day? 3
- Wyoming ranked third in US in... 2
- The Clean Cut: Young string quartet... 1