'It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown' not appropriate for children, blogger says
1966 United Feature Syndicate , ©1966 United Feature Syndicate
Our take: According to a parenting blog, the classic Halloween show "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" needs to be retired. The blogger talks about how times have changed since the show first aired and says today's kids should not be exposed to the show's "continuous teasing and bullying." Is it time to say goodbye to one of America's classic Halloween shows?
Times have changed since our parents were kids. Our parents flew on planes with smoking sections, car seats didnt exist, and "Its The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" was a slice of Americana.
Now smoking is banned most everywhere, parents need to buy three different car seats over the course of a childs life, and Charlie Brown is no longer appropriate.
My boys are 5 and 2. Young kids.
- Wright Words: Younger sister is living...
- The Clean Cut: New Zealand students perform...
- UTubers: Jenny Oaks Baker and family perform...
- Imagine Dragons treated like home team at...
- Dear daughter, when did I last wash your hair?
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Passing the torch
- Living — or dying — with...
- Neon Trees represent BYU, Fight the New Drug...
- Family man: Former Ute, NFL standout... 11
- We're doing youth soccer wrong:... 9
- Amy Donaldson: James Lawrence had to do... 7
- Steve Eaton: Sundance the Talking Dog... 5
- Wright Words: Younger sister is living... 3
- Erin Stewart: Put down the phone and drive 2
- Living — or dying —... 1
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Passing the torch 1