'It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown' not appropriate for children, blogger says
1966 United Feature Syndicate , ©1966 United Feature Syndicate
Our take: According to a parenting blog, the classic Halloween show "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" needs to be retired. The blogger talks about how times have changed since the show first aired and says today's kids should not be exposed to the show's "continuous teasing and bullying." Is it time to say goodbye to one of America's classic Halloween shows?
Times have changed since our parents were kids. Our parents flew on planes with smoking sections, car seats didnt exist, and "Its The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" was a slice of Americana.
Now smoking is banned most everywhere, parents need to buy three different car seats over the course of a childs life, and Charlie Brown is no longer appropriate.
My boys are 5 and 2. Young kids.
- Arizona mom makes Halloween costumes a fun...
- LDS couple with triplets expecting twins:...
- Days before deadline, brain cancer victim may...
- Top 10 money mistakes new parents make
- Marriage isn’t about romance
- David Archuleta and Lexi Walker sing 'A Whole...
- West Jordan boy loses battle with leukemia,...
- Marvel Studios unveils next 11 movies, from...
- Southern Baptists tell pastors: hold... 35
- West Jordan boy loses battle with... 15
- Marriage isn’t about romance 13
- Parental complaints result in racy... 11
- Days before deadline, brain cancer... 10
- LDS couple with triplets expecting... 8
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Our love/hate... 6
- When parents are desensitized, what... 6