'It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown' not appropriate for children, blogger says
1966 United Feature Syndicate , ©1966 United Feature Syndicate
Our take: According to a parenting blog, the classic Halloween show "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" needs to be retired. The blogger talks about how times have changed since the show first aired and says today's kids should not be exposed to the show's "continuous teasing and bullying." Is it time to say goodbye to one of America's classic Halloween shows?
Times have changed since our parents were kids. Our parents flew on planes with smoking sections, car seats didnt exist, and "Its The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" was a slice of Americana.
Now smoking is banned most everywhere, parents need to buy three different car seats over the course of a childs life, and Charlie Brown is no longer appropriate.
My boys are 5 and 2. Young kids.
- Alex Boye to make second appearance on NBC's...
- 31 things you might not know about the Harry...
- 20 things I wish I would have known before...
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an...
- Dear daughter, when did I last wash your hair?
- ValueSpeak: 'Goodbye, Farewell and Amen'
- Motherhood Matters: 4 ways to help your...
- Mormon thrill ride creator still generating...
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an... 116
- Beating the odds: Trip to the White... 4
- ValueSpeak: 'Goodbye, Farewell and Amen' 3
- Dear daughter, when did I last wash... 2
- Mormon thrill ride creator still... 2
- 20 things I wish I would have known... 2
- Cruise, Ferguson deliver a winner with... 1
- Renovation Solutions: Finding more... 1