'It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown' not appropriate for children, blogger says
1966 United Feature Syndicate , ©1966 United Feature Syndicate
Our take: According to a parenting blog, the classic Halloween show "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" needs to be retired. The blogger talks about how times have changed since the show first aired and says today's kids should not be exposed to the show's "continuous teasing and bullying." Is it time to say goodbye to one of America's classic Halloween shows?
Times have changed since our parents were kids. Our parents flew on planes with smoking sections, car seats didnt exist, and "Its The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" was a slice of Americana.
Now smoking is banned most everywhere, parents need to buy three different car seats over the course of a childs life, and Charlie Brown is no longer appropriate.
My boys are 5 and 2. Young kids.
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- Faith and family are driving forces for LDS...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- The dark side of how society treats boys
- 9 Mormon moments in Sundance Film Festival...
- Dear Dad, you’re doing it all wrong (a...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Why you don't want your...
- 7 unique adventure dates for two, on the cheap
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25
- Southern California conference... 16
- Faith and family are driving forces for... 9
- The dark side of how society treats boys 9
- The U.S. could do much more for abused... 7
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Yes, women and... 3
- From the Homefront: The good game:... 2
- ValueSpeak: Making everything super 2