Our take: Conservative columnist Deroy Murdock pulls together recollections of Mitt Romney's "random acts of kindness and significant feats of bravery."
"Why is Mitt Romney rising? Americans who watched the GOP nominee debate President Obama never met the cold, greedy, sexist, racist, carcinogenic tax cheat that Team Obama promised would appear. The calm, steady, and reasonable gentleman who opposed Obama was no Gordon Gekko.
Americans might like Romney even more if they understood his random acts of kindness and significant feats of bravery. As Mara Gay, Dan Hirschhorn, and M. L. Nestel wrote for TheDaily.com: "A man weighed down by the image of a heartless corporate raider who can't relate to people actually has a history of doing remarkably kind things for those in need."
Murdock went on to list stories about building a playground, helping a single mom whose heating oil had been shut off, helping a friend's daughter with college tuition, aiding a family with two paraplegic sons and helping to find the missing daughter of a colleague.
- My view: UDOT listened, made a good choice
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus vote
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- Lois M. Collins: Kids' summer 'bucket list'...
- In our opinion: Scouting success will come...
- Letters: Move to the center
- Comprehensive immigration reform or bust
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should keep up...
- Letters: No welfare, ever 70
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus... 32
- Letter: The real death panel:... 30
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 29
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation... 25
- Robert J. Samuelson: Can Americans stem... 20
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should... 19
- In our opinion: Scouting success will... 18