Our take: Conservative columnist Deroy Murdock pulls together recollections of Mitt Romney's "random acts of kindness and significant feats of bravery."
"Why is Mitt Romney rising? Americans who watched the GOP nominee debate President Obama never met the cold, greedy, sexist, racist, carcinogenic tax cheat that Team Obama promised would appear. The calm, steady, and reasonable gentleman who opposed Obama was no Gordon Gekko.
Americans might like Romney even more if they understood his random acts of kindness and significant feats of bravery. As Mara Gay, Dan Hirschhorn, and M. L. Nestel wrote for TheDaily.com: "A man weighed down by the image of a heartless corporate raider who can't relate to people actually has a history of doing remarkably kind things for those in need."
Murdock went on to list stories about building a playground, helping a single mom whose heating oil had been shut off, helping a friend's daughter with college tuition, aiding a family with two paraplegic sons and helping to find the missing daughter of a colleague.
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change...
- Disputes over specialized license plates...
- My view: Chaffetz named ‘politician of...
- Letter: Patriots or sheep?
- In our opinion: Water, a precious commodity
- Lessons from 'Christmas Carol'
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net
- Charles Krauthammer: Democrats use... 78
- In our opinion: Police training should... 45
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- Robert Bennett: More political... 36
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 34
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 30