Krause Family, Krause Family,
SARATOGA SPRINGS — A beautiful, energetic, 18-year-old woman in her first semester of college at Southern Utah University is now fighting for her life.
Kilee Krause was involved in a crash Oct. 12 in St. George and suffered major head trauma. She has been lying in a hospital bed in Las Vegas in a coma ever since.
Krause was driving from Fillmore to St. George. At about milepost 36, she began to hydroplane while trying to pass a motorhome. She struck the vehicle, causing minor damage, and then spun into a guardrail on the median side.
Another vehicle was unable to stop and struck the driver's side of the vehicle. Krause was one of two people flown to University Medical Center in Las Vegas.
Her parents take shifts to be by her beside, every moment of every day.
"She is strong — strongest little girl I know," said Janica Hayes, Krause's dance teacher for about six years. "I think she's going to be fine. I'm very optimistic."
A dance recital in Krause's honor will be held tonight at Westlake High, 99 N. Thunder Blvd. (200 West).
A 5k run also has been organized for Saturday to help raise money for Krause. The We Love Kilee! Eat, Pray, Run event will be at Veterans Park, 850 W. Main, Lehi. Registration begins at 10:45 a.m., and the run starts 11:30 a.m. A bake sale and auction also will be held during the event.
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- Man killed in avalanche had a passion for...
- Cities, state battle panhandling through the...
- The story of a fish, a river and what's ahead...
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias measure
- Judge: Biological father will share custody...
- Body of man, 51, discovered outside Cedar City
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 56
- National, local businesses file briefs... 54
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 32
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 31
- Judge: Biological father will share... 27
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 24
- Cities, state battle panhandling... 20
- Local religious leaders urge support... 20