Krause Family, Krause Family,
SARATOGA SPRINGS — A beautiful, energetic, 18-year-old woman in her first semester of college at Southern Utah University is now fighting for her life.
Kilee Krause was involved in a crash Oct. 12 in St. George and suffered major head trauma. She has been lying in a hospital bed in Las Vegas in a coma ever since.
Krause was driving from Fillmore to St. George. At about milepost 36, she began to hydroplane while trying to pass a motorhome. She struck the vehicle, causing minor damage, and then spun into a guardrail on the median side.
Another vehicle was unable to stop and struck the driver's side of the vehicle. Krause was one of two people flown to University Medical Center in Las Vegas.
Her parents take shifts to be by her beside, every moment of every day.
"She is strong — strongest little girl I know," said Janica Hayes, Krause's dance teacher for about six years. "I think she's going to be fine. I'm very optimistic."
A dance recital in Krause's honor will be held tonight at Westlake High, 99 N. Thunder Blvd. (200 West).
A 5k run also has been organized for Saturday to help raise money for Krause. The We Love Kilee! Eat, Pray, Run event will be at Veterans Park, 850 W. Main, Lehi. Registration begins at 10:45 a.m., and the run starts 11:30 a.m. A bake sale and auction also will be held during the event.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of...
- Mirror Lake Shoreline Trail closed through...
- I-15 in Weber County to close Wednesday,...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 31
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 15