Krause Family, Krause Family,
SARATOGA SPRINGS — A beautiful, energetic, 18-year-old woman in her first semester of college at Southern Utah University is now fighting for her life.
Kilee Krause was involved in a crash Oct. 12 in St. George and suffered major head trauma. She has been lying in a hospital bed in Las Vegas in a coma ever since.
Krause was driving from Fillmore to St. George. At about milepost 36, she began to hydroplane while trying to pass a motorhome. She struck the vehicle, causing minor damage, and then spun into a guardrail on the median side.
Another vehicle was unable to stop and struck the driver's side of the vehicle. Krause was one of two people flown to University Medical Center in Las Vegas.
Her parents take shifts to be by her beside, every moment of every day.
"She is strong — strongest little girl I know," said Janica Hayes, Krause's dance teacher for about six years. "I think she's going to be fine. I'm very optimistic."
A dance recital in Krause's honor will be held tonight at Westlake High, 99 N. Thunder Blvd. (200 West).
A 5k run also has been organized for Saturday to help raise money for Krause. The We Love Kilee! Eat, Pray, Run event will be at Veterans Park, 850 W. Main, Lehi. Registration begins at 10:45 a.m., and the run starts 11:30 a.m. A bake sale and auction also will be held during the event.
- LDS leaders respond to reaction over their...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- Romney decision not to run again disappoints...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of...
- Utah's largest oil producer lays off 80...
- Jury exonerates Marc Jenson in fraud, money...
- State School Board explores budget cuts as...
- 7 unique adventure dates for two, on the cheap
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of... 204
- LDS leaders respond to reaction over... 147
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about... 39
- Romney decision not to run again... 37
- LDS statement could move Utah... 31
- Concealed permit holder stopped armed... 25
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 24
- Business community supports tax... 22