Krause Family, Krause Family,
SARATOGA SPRINGS — A beautiful, energetic, 18-year-old woman in her first semester of college at Southern Utah University is now fighting for her life.
Kilee Krause was involved in a crash Oct. 12 in St. George and suffered major head trauma. She has been lying in a hospital bed in Las Vegas in a coma ever since.
Krause was driving from Fillmore to St. George. At about milepost 36, she began to hydroplane while trying to pass a motorhome. She struck the vehicle, causing minor damage, and then spun into a guardrail on the median side.
Another vehicle was unable to stop and struck the driver's side of the vehicle. Krause was one of two people flown to University Medical Center in Las Vegas.
Her parents take shifts to be by her beside, every moment of every day.
"She is strong — strongest little girl I know," said Janica Hayes, Krause's dance teacher for about six years. "I think she's going to be fine. I'm very optimistic."
A dance recital in Krause's honor will be held tonight at Westlake High, 99 N. Thunder Blvd. (200 West).
A 5k run also has been organized for Saturday to help raise money for Krause. The We Love Kilee! Eat, Pray, Run event will be at Veterans Park, 850 W. Main, Lehi. Registration begins at 10:45 a.m., and the run starts 11:30 a.m. A bake sale and auction also will be held during the event.
- Josh Powell made 'admission of guilt' in...
- Tornado relief spurs LDS Church, Layton's...
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod from...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- XanGo seeks ouster of co-founder in new lawsuit
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- 2 Utah high schools ranked among the best in...
- 4 reasons why you need to paraglide at Point...
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 43
- S.L. draws up airport plans 32
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod... 28
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 23
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 21
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 21
- Gov. Gary Herbert tells Washington... 17