Krause Family, Krause Family,
SARATOGA SPRINGS — A beautiful, energetic, 18-year-old woman in her first semester of college at Southern Utah University is now fighting for her life.
Kilee Krause was involved in a crash Oct. 12 in St. George and suffered major head trauma. She has been lying in a hospital bed in Las Vegas in a coma ever since.
Krause was driving from Fillmore to St. George. At about milepost 36, she began to hydroplane while trying to pass a motorhome. She struck the vehicle, causing minor damage, and then spun into a guardrail on the median side.
Another vehicle was unable to stop and struck the driver's side of the vehicle. Krause was one of two people flown to University Medical Center in Las Vegas.
Her parents take shifts to be by her beside, every moment of every day.
"She is strong — strongest little girl I know," said Janica Hayes, Krause's dance teacher for about six years. "I think she's going to be fine. I'm very optimistic."
A dance recital in Krause's honor will be held tonight at Westlake High, 99 N. Thunder Blvd. (200 West).
A 5k run also has been organized for Saturday to help raise money for Krause. The We Love Kilee! Eat, Pray, Run event will be at Veterans Park, 850 W. Main, Lehi. Registration begins at 10:45 a.m., and the run starts 11:30 a.m. A bake sale and auction also will be held during the event.
- LDS missionaries developing strategies to...
- Snow wreaks havoc across state, curbs travel...
- Police officer suicide needs to be addressed,...
- System failure to blame for delayed Saturday...
- Charges: Magna mom got 13-year-old son drunk
- Families face uncertainty, unite in prayer as...
- As winter takes hold, needs increase for...
- John Swallow lost computer hard drive on...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 111
- LDS missionaries developing strategies... 47
- Federal website fixes allowing more... 44
- Tea Party Express endorses Sen. Mike... 27
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 26
- Utahns react to death of Nelson Mandela 26
- As winter takes hold, needs increase... 25
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion... 18