Scott G Winterton, Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
Mia Love is a superb example of a conservative leader. As mayor of Saratoga Springs, she was approached by citizens who wanted a library. She recognized that they couldn't build a library without going into significant debt, so she challenged the citizens to recruit others and use $10,000 in city seed money to collect books, raise funds and create a local library.
They rose to the challenge, and she joined with them in donating hundreds of hours of service to build and staff their library in an unused space in the basement of the city building. What an amazing success story; the local citizens built a library and a community.
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift...
- My view: Drafting women a threat to religious...
- Richard Davis: What will Americans sacrifice...
- Derek B. Miller: It's my party and I'll decry...
- In our opinion: Politics and ISIS
- Jay Evensen: The IOC demonstrates again why...
- Letter: Cruz took a stand
- Letter: Acting presidential
- Letter: Guns in America 63
- In our opinion: Planned Parenthood... 49
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 47
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 34
- My view: What message does Melania's... 33
- Letter: Acting presidential 31
- Letter: Cruz took a stand 30
- Dan Liljenquist: Presidential politics... 30