Scott G Winterton, Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
Mia Love is a superb example of a conservative leader. As mayor of Saratoga Springs, she was approached by citizens who wanted a library. She recognized that they couldn't build a library without going into significant debt, so she challenged the citizens to recruit others and use $10,000 in city seed money to collect books, raise funds and create a local library.
They rose to the challenge, and she joined with them in donating hundreds of hours of service to build and staff their library in an unused space in the basement of the city building. What an amazing success story; the local citizens built a library and a community.
- Doug Robinson: Violence against women is...
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act needs...
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'?
- Join the discussion: Is feminism misunderstood?
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- The relationship between religiosity and...
- My view: Powdr Corp and Park City Mountain...
- Improving voter turnout still a tough nut to...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 74
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 53
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 39
- In our opinion: Use market forces and... 35
- My view: A global warming solution to... 35