Scott G Winterton, Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
Mia Love is a superb example of a conservative leader. As mayor of Saratoga Springs, she was approached by citizens who wanted a library. She recognized that they couldn't build a library without going into significant debt, so she challenged the citizens to recruit others and use $10,000 in city seed money to collect books, raise funds and create a local library.
They rose to the challenge, and she joined with them in donating hundreds of hours of service to build and staff their library in an unused space in the basement of the city building. What an amazing success story; the local citizens built a library and a community.
- Letters: Move to the center 37
- Letters: Founders' values 34
- Dan Liljenquist: IRS scandal is an... 32
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should... 29
- Letters: Dismantle IRS 25
- Commentary claims liberals are shocked... 21
- In our opinion: Utah's caucus system... 20
- White House press corps has been turned... 19