Scott G Winterton, Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
Mia Love is a superb example of a conservative leader. As mayor of Saratoga Springs, she was approached by citizens who wanted a library. She recognized that they couldn't build a library without going into significant debt, so she challenged the citizens to recruit others and use $10,000 in city seed money to collect books, raise funds and create a local library.
They rose to the challenge, and she joined with them in donating hundreds of hours of service to build and staff their library in an unused space in the basement of the city building. What an amazing success story; the local citizens built a library and a community.
- 33 Mark Twain quotes that prove he was an...
- Charles Krauthammer: The nation expects...
- My view: The best legislation meets all sides
- A. Scott Anderson: Give students skills that...
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges...
- My view: Deeper look at Utah’s...
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- Letter: Give her time
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 152
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 75
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation... 43
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges... 36
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 30
- My view: The best legislation meets all... 30
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell 29
- Letter: Legal weapons on campus 29