Scott G Winterton, Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
Mia Love is a superb example of a conservative leader. As mayor of Saratoga Springs, she was approached by citizens who wanted a library. She recognized that they couldn't build a library without going into significant debt, so she challenged the citizens to recruit others and use $10,000 in city seed money to collect books, raise funds and create a local library.
They rose to the challenge, and she joined with them in donating hundreds of hours of service to build and staff their library in an unused space in the basement of the city building. What an amazing success story; the local citizens built a library and a community.
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- In our opinion: Fabricated Rolling Stone...
- Letter: Costly benefits
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a conservative
- John Florez: America's strength is its...
- My view: Yesterday’s public education...
- Mike Noel: Utah leads out on win-win solution...
- My view: Utah has an export-import problem
- Ralph Hancock: Religious freedom and... 75
- Letter: Wrong wage approach 47
- Letter: No more hungry kids 41
- Kathleen Parker: Hillary Clinton's... 40
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a... 39
- Utah's 'grand bargain' stands in sharp... 34
- Letter: Unemployment compensation 33
- Letter: Intimate caucus system 27