CNN visits BYU, Mitt Romney's alma mater, to learn more about the Mormon university
Ravell Call, Deseret News archives
Our take: CNN reporter Richard Quest is involved in an eight-day journey across the U.S. He visited Brigham Young University in Utah and wrote about his experience on the former university campus of Republican Presidential nominee Mitt Romney. He noted that everyone he met smiled. He also made this observation: "By now I was realizing I was the victim of my own preconceptions and prejudices about this faith and its worshippers." Overall, Quest said he enjoyed his visit.
PROVO — I didn't really know what to expect when I got to Provo, Utah. I knew that many people here were followers of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, better known as the Mormons. And I was here to visit Brigham Young University — also known as the Mormon university.
Mitt Romney graduated from here in 1971. I was visiting the school to find out how they viewed their famous alumnus, and if people would vote for him because he was of the same faith — that report comes next week. For the moment, let me muse on my visit to BYU.
- New friends plan to work together to defend...
- 'Attitude of gratitude': 25 quotes from LDS...
- LDS Church releases renderings of final Provo...
- Reader voices: I'm trying to be a Mormon
- Mormon couple celebrates 81st wedding...
- In the Whirled: The good Mormon Democrat
- Faith leaders leave Vatican with high hopes...
- Capturing 'Mormon Faces': LDS mother,...
- In the Whirled: The good Mormon Democrat 108
- Pastors opposed to same-sex marriage... 39
- Defending the Faith: A note on the... 38
- Faith leaders leave Vatican with high... 35
- New friends plan to work together to... 31
- LDS Church releases renderings of final... 18
- Mormon creator of 'Battlestar... 17
- 5 reasons why we want to believe Jesus... 16