CNN visits BYU, Mitt Romney's alma mater, to learn more about the Mormon university
Ravell Call, Deseret News archives
Our take: CNN reporter Richard Quest is involved in an eight-day journey across the U.S. He visited Brigham Young University in Utah and wrote about his experience on the former university campus of Republican Presidential nominee Mitt Romney. He noted that everyone he met smiled. He also made this observation: "By now I was realizing I was the victim of my own preconceptions and prejudices about this faith and its worshippers." Overall, Quest said he enjoyed his visit.
PROVO — I didn't really know what to expect when I got to Provo, Utah. I knew that many people here were followers of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, better known as the Mormons. And I was here to visit Brigham Young University — also known as the Mormon university.
Mitt Romney graduated from here in 1971. I was visiting the school to find out how they viewed their famous alumnus, and if people would vote for him because he was of the same faith — that report comes next week. For the moment, let me muse on my visit to BYU.
- 35 memorable photos from the LDS Church News...
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote 'Meet...
- Carrie Underwood shares her Christian faith...
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new movie,...
- 2 LDS teens create video to share Mormon beliefs
- 1964 World's Fair pavilion had far-reaching...
- Republicans rallying behind religious... 32
- FamilySearch provides LDS members with... 18
- LDS Church leaders share excitement for... 14
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members 9
- Religious leaders agree ISIS must be... 6
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote... 4
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new... 4
- Here's how you and your spouse can... 3