CNN visits BYU, Mitt Romney's alma mater, to learn more about the Mormon university
Ravell Call, Deseret News archives
Our take: CNN reporter Richard Quest is involved in an eight-day journey across the U.S. He visited Brigham Young University in Utah and wrote about his experience on the former university campus of Republican Presidential nominee Mitt Romney. He noted that everyone he met smiled. He also made this observation: "By now I was realizing I was the victim of my own preconceptions and prejudices about this faith and its worshippers." Overall, Quest said he enjoyed his visit.
PROVO — I didn't really know what to expect when I got to Provo, Utah. I knew that many people here were followers of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, better known as the Mormons. And I was here to visit Brigham Young University — also known as the Mormon university.
Mitt Romney graduated from here in 1971. I was visiting the school to find out how they viewed their famous alumnus, and if people would vote for him because he was of the same faith — that report comes next week. For the moment, let me muse on my visit to BYU.
- Ask Angela: I'm not getting married in the...
- LDS stake presidency participates in ALS Ice...
- 'Frozen' star Santino Fontana discusses...
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death of 2...
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate...
- LDS temple rises in Philadelphia
- Mormon teen, future U. gymnast earns silvers...
- Parenting advice that changed my life
- Ask Angela: I'm not getting married in... 81
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death... 34
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate... 30
- LDS missionary critically injured in... 27
- Obama administration announces new... 19
- Rev. Al Sharpton plays prominent role... 15
- LDS stake presidency participates in... 14
- Amish country bristles at... 9