Sergio Goya, Associated Press
Having come to power six decades apart, there are amazing similarities between Barack Obama and Eva Peron. They both play the role of pseudo populists rising from obscure and obscured backgrounds with certain appealing talents for the masses.
Argentina has never really recovered from its dose of Evita-inspired "hope and change," although they were both promises she made. The biggest difference between Obama and Peron is everyone knew who was the puppeteer behind Eva.
- 33 Mark Twain quotes that prove he was an...
- Charles Krauthammer: The nation expects...
- My view: The best legislation meets all sides
- My view: Deeper look at Utah’s...
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges...
- A. Scott Anderson: Give students skills that...
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- Letter: Give her time
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 152
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 75
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation... 43
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges... 36
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 30
- My view: The best legislation meets all... 30
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell 29
- Letter: Legal weapons on campus 29