Sergio Goya, Associated Press
Having come to power six decades apart, there are amazing similarities between Barack Obama and Eva Peron. They both play the role of pseudo populists rising from obscure and obscured backgrounds with certain appealing talents for the masses.
Argentina has never really recovered from its dose of Evita-inspired "hope and change," although they were both promises she made. The biggest difference between Obama and Peron is everyone knew who was the puppeteer behind Eva.
- Jay Evensen: U.S. should put religious...
- Letter: America needs change
- Letter: SNAP for children
- George Chapman: A 24-hour city deserves a...
- In our opinion: Giving president 'fast-track'...
- In our opinion: Legislative subsidy for USU...
- Kenlee Hess: Immigrants improve American economy
- Letter: Move out of last place
- In our opinion: Anti-Semitism at home... 68
- Letter: America needs change 60
- In our opinion: Senate Democrats'... 47
- Letter: Policy comparisons 46
- John Hoffmire: Is the goal equality? 44
- Richard Davis: Demos shouldn't decide... 32
- Letter: Move out of last place 31
- Jay Evensen: U.S. should put religious... 27