Sergio Goya, Associated Press
Having come to power six decades apart, there are amazing similarities between Barack Obama and Eva Peron. They both play the role of pseudo populists rising from obscure and obscured backgrounds with certain appealing talents for the masses.
Argentina has never really recovered from its dose of Evita-inspired "hope and change," although they were both promises she made. The biggest difference between Obama and Peron is everyone knew who was the puppeteer behind Eva.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- My view: Non-discrimination laws have a problem
- Doug Robinson: We are in the midst of an era...
- President should not act without...
- In our opinion: No more 'Government Motors'
- Matthew Sanders: Nelson Mandela's goodness...
- Richard Davis: Mandela's greatest achievement...
- Michael Gerson: The gospel according to JC...
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 65
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 61
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 43
- Letter: Doctors unite 40
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 39
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP? 29
- President should not act without... 24
- In our opinion: No more 'Government... 24