Sergio Goya, Associated Press
Having come to power six decades apart, there are amazing similarities between Barack Obama and Eva Peron. They both play the role of pseudo populists rising from obscure and obscured backgrounds with certain appealing talents for the masses.
Argentina has never really recovered from its dose of Evita-inspired "hope and change," although they were both promises she made. The biggest difference between Obama and Peron is everyone knew who was the puppeteer behind Eva.
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet
- School fees: Is Utah really family friendly?
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to inversion is...
- Jay Evensen: Utahns support Common Core, even...
- 20 of the most influential and innovative...
- Michael Gerson: State of Israel: History...
- Letter: Society puzzles
- Equality in family life does not mean sameness
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb:... 82
- Letter: Police brutality 62
- School fees: Is Utah really family... 48
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do... 42
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 35
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 33
- Join the discussion: Is Common Core... 29