Marcio Jose Sanchez, Associated Press
Apple refreshed its iPad lineup on Tuesday. Here are details on prices and availability of the new iPad mini and updated full-sized iPad.
MODELS AND PRICES:
There are six different configurations of the iPad Mini with different access capabilities and storage amounts. Each device comes with a 7.9-inch screen measured diagonally and has the same 1024-by-768 pixel resolution as the iPad 2. The Mini has the same dual-core A5 chip as the iPad 2, front and back cameras and 10 hours of battery life. It is 7.2 millimeters (0.28 inch) thick and weighs 0.68 pounds, just over half the 1.33 pounds of the iPad 2. It comes with the new Lightning connector, which was introduced with the new iPhone last month.
iPad Mini, Wi-Fi only, 16 gigabytes of storage, $329
iPad Mini, Wi-Fi only, 32 GB, $429
iPad Mini, Wi-Fi only, 64 GB, $529
iPad Mini, Wi-Fi + Cellular, 16 GB, $459
iPad Mini, Wi-Fi + Cellular, 32 GB, $559
iPad Mini, Wi-Fi + Cellular, 64 GB, $659
The fourth-generation iPad boasts the sharper, Retina display with 2048-by-1536 pixel resolution and a 9.7-inch screen measured diagonally. It has a dual-core A6X chip with quad-core graphics. Apple says that doubles the computing power of the previous-generation iPad. It also has front and back cameras and 10 hours of battery life. It is 9.4 millimeters (0.37 inch) thick and weighs 1.44 pounds. It also comes with the Lightning connector.
Fourth-generation iPad, Wi-Fi only, 16 GB, $499
Fourth-generation iPad, Wi-Fi only, 32 GB, $599
Fourth-generation iPad, Wi-Fi only, 64 GB, $699
Fourth-generation iPad, Wi-Fi + Cellular, 16 GB, $629
Fourth-generation iPad, Wi-Fi + Cellular, 32 GB, $729
Fourth-generation iPad, Wi-Fi + Cellular, 64 GB, $829
For both products, the U.S. cellular carriers are AT&T, Sprint and Verizon.
The iPad 2 with 16GB and Wi-Fi only remains $399. It's $529 for the 16 GB unit with both Wi-Fi and cellular capability on older 3G networks. Apple previously discontinued iPad 2 models with more storage.
Apple's website will start taking advanced orders for the iPad Mini and the fourth-generation iPad on Friday. They will start shipping and go on sale in stores on Nov. 2.
They will be available in the U.S., Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the U.K.
- Men's Wearhouse fires founder and current...
- Doug Robinson: Utah man's new running shoe...
- In faith communities, fraudsters prey on trust
- Sen. Hatch: Gov't report shows that health...
- As times get better can you keep a leash on...
- Debating the validity of an unpaid internship
- New one-of-a-kind printer aims to aid health...
- Millennials relying on prepaid cards and...
- Doug Robinson: Utah man's new running... 20
- Want a better return on your college... 17
- Sen. Hatch: Gov't report shows that... 8
- Efforts to stop excavation at Point of... 8
- Men's Wearhouse fires founder and... 4
- Immigration reform would improve... 3
- Got weeds? Hire a goat 2
- Private school in Texas gives students... 2