HENDERSON, Nev. — Thousands of people have turned out for a Republican campaign event featuring Mitt Romney and vice presidential running mate Paul Ryan.
GOP voter David Bierwirth said Tuesday that he felt at home among the overflow audience in the nearly 2,500-seat Henderson Pavilion amphitheater.
Bierwirth says he often feels outnumbered among Democrats at his business on the Las Vegas Strip.
Fresh off the presidential debate in Florida, Romney and Ryan are making their first joint appearance in Nevada at a campaign rally a little after noon.
They're due later in the Denver area for a rally featuring entertainers Kid Rock and Rodney Atkins.
Romney returns to Reno on Tuesday.
Early voting has already begun in Nevada, a campaign battleground state where Romney and President Barack Obama are close in the polls.
- Vegas’ water drying up
- Grieving borrowers told to repay student loan
- Justin Bieber apologizes for Japan war shrine...
- Sherpas leave Everest; some expeditions nix...
- Supreme Court upholds Michigan's affirmative...
- Wellness programs grow more popular with...
- Keflezighi's Boston win a boost for shoe sponsor
- Misdiagnosed bipolar: One girl’s...
- Affordable Care Act only chips away at... 26
- Supreme Court upholds Michigan's... 25
- Judge: Indiana hasn't given valid... 20
- Grieving borrowers told to repay... 19
- Vegas’ water drying up 15
- Public smoke-out marks pot holiday in... 12
- Some countries get Obama, but want his... 11
- Boogeymen and shady deals define spin... 11