HENDERSON, Nev. — Thousands of people have turned out for a Republican campaign event featuring Mitt Romney and vice presidential running mate Paul Ryan.
GOP voter David Bierwirth said Tuesday that he felt at home among the overflow audience in the nearly 2,500-seat Henderson Pavilion amphitheater.
Bierwirth says he often feels outnumbered among Democrats at his business on the Las Vegas Strip.
Fresh off the presidential debate in Florida, Romney and Ryan are making their first joint appearance in Nevada at a campaign rally a little after noon.
They're due later in the Denver area for a rally featuring entertainers Kid Rock and Rodney Atkins.
Romney returns to Reno on Tuesday.
Early voting has already begun in Nevada, a campaign battleground state where Romney and President Barack Obama are close in the polls.
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing you...
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls...
- 50 things you might not know about 15 of your...
- Amish school shooter's kin: Horror, then healing
- Health care debate about presidential trust,...
- The American Dream is still alive for 20...
- Nelson Mandela's faith made him a worldwide...
- Many Mormon missionaries who return... 117
- Judge orders Colo. cake-maker to serve... 115
- Utahns react to death of Nelson Mandela 27
- Space and religion: How believers view... 23
- Obama administration will allow green... 17
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday... 17
- 'Sound of Music' alive for 18.5 million... 13
- Health care debate about presidential... 13