In the remaining wake of the presidential debates, a lot of misunderstanding has been made about Mitt Romney's part involving reducing government money going to PBS.
If one truly thinks about what he said, what I think it means is that by removing obscenely large amounts of money that the government has been granting to PBS, it will actually keep it being PBS. Keep it being public broadcasting and not government broadcasting.
It is a prime example of keeping something in the hands of the public and to keep it from becoming a political propaganda machine.
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before...
- John Hoffmire: Fighting increasing health...
- The most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: What's to be...
- In our opinion: Aging without a family
- My view: Utah needs to expand Medicaid
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 55
- Letter: Doctors unite 39
- Letter: Elected representatives 36
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 32
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 25
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be... 20
- Letter: No limits 20
- Michael E. Kraft: Yes, Congress should... 18