In the remaining wake of the presidential debates, a lot of misunderstanding has been made about Mitt Romney's part involving reducing government money going to PBS.
If one truly thinks about what he said, what I think it means is that by removing obscenely large amounts of money that the government has been granting to PBS, it will actually keep it being PBS. Keep it being public broadcasting and not government broadcasting.
It is a prime example of keeping something in the hands of the public and to keep it from becoming a political propaganda machine.
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules...
- Letter: A worldwide message
- John Florez: Education is 'app' to change...
- Letter: No end in sight
- In our opinion: Becky Lockhart's tributes are...
- Jay Evensen: Obama must make religious...
- In our opinion: Obama's State of the Union...
- A. Scott Anderson: Taking Utah into Top 10...
- In our opinion: Obama's State of the... 70
- Jay Evensen: Obama must make religious... 54
- In our opinion: How immigration reform... 43
- 6 important takeaways for families in... 37
- In our opinion: Obama's broadband... 36
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules... 34
- Letter: Not so lazy 33
- Jay Evensen: Leave free tuition... 31