In the remaining wake of the presidential debates, a lot of misunderstanding has been made about Mitt Romney's part involving reducing government money going to PBS.
If one truly thinks about what he said, what I think it means is that by removing obscenely large amounts of money that the government has been granting to PBS, it will actually keep it being PBS. Keep it being public broadcasting and not government broadcasting.
It is a prime example of keeping something in the hands of the public and to keep it from becoming a political propaganda machine.
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal benefits of...
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- My view: Medical marijuana: Google vs. PubMed
- My view: Does going to pot send the wrong...
- Rely on invisible hand?
- Dan Liljenquist: Increasing police officer pay
- In our opinion: National security and... 79
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 58
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 38
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 33
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 31
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal... 27
- Letter: Coal and job creation 23