In the remaining wake of the presidential debates, a lot of misunderstanding has been made about Mitt Romney's part involving reducing government money going to PBS.
If one truly thinks about what he said, what I think it means is that by removing obscenely large amounts of money that the government has been granting to PBS, it will actually keep it being PBS. Keep it being public broadcasting and not government broadcasting.
It is a prime example of keeping something in the hands of the public and to keep it from becoming a political propaganda machine.
- My view: Misinterpretation of Second...
- My view: Utah should not raise minimum wage
- In our opinion: Suspended Alaskan oil drilling
- Letter: Greater security
- Letter: Our French Revolution
- Lois M. Collins: The 'death' of faith may be...
- John Florez: Lawmakers neglect their moral duty
- Jay Evensen: Here's why we should fear...