Was: 23. Last week: Beat Canyon View, 51-12. Outlook: Few teams have been more consistent than Hurricane the past few years, and the defending 3A champs are hoping for similar success again. Next up: vs. Delta, Friday.
23. Orem (7-3)
Was: 24. Last week: Beat Timpanogos, 47-14. Outlook: Benefited from Timpview's forfeits to claim the Region 8 title for the first time since 2004. Next up: vs. Sky View, Friday.
24. Spanish Fork (9-1)
Was: 25. Last week: Beat Payson, 45-14. Outlook: Improved defense faces a very difficult test in the playoffs against Pine View back Prentiss Miller, the state's leading rusher. Next up: vs. Pine View, Friday.
25. Cottonwood (3-7)
Was: —. Last week: Lost to Alta, 48-12. Outlook: Has won three of its last five games, and looked very, very good in taking care of business against Brighton in Monday's three-way play-in game. Next up: vs. Brighton, Monday.
Dropped out: No. 19 Brighton.
- BYU Football: Harvey Jackson bolsters BYU's...
- Jim McMahon closing in on graduating from...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's loading up with one-year...
- Bubba Watson, two-time Masters Golf...
- Brad Rock: Jazz: Sign Gordon Hayward to avoid...
- Roster rundown: See the contract status and...
- Jazz might be saying goodbye to their four...
- Salt Lake Marathon changes owners, course and...
- Bingham kicker commits to Utah after... 89
- BYU football: Cougars land commitment... 60
- Jeff Benedict: Jabari Parker announces... 59
- Brad Rock: Utes nickname won't stay... 55
- CougarLinks: Former Cornhusker... 54
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 38
- Jim McMahon closing in on graduating... 27
- Utah Jazz: Jazz suffer weird loss... 24