Was: 23. Last week: Beat Canyon View, 51-12. Outlook: Few teams have been more consistent than Hurricane the past few years, and the defending 3A champs are hoping for similar success again. Next up: vs. Delta, Friday.
23. Orem (7-3)
Was: 24. Last week: Beat Timpanogos, 47-14. Outlook: Benefited from Timpview's forfeits to claim the Region 8 title for the first time since 2004. Next up: vs. Sky View, Friday.
24. Spanish Fork (9-1)
Was: 25. Last week: Beat Payson, 45-14. Outlook: Improved defense faces a very difficult test in the playoffs against Pine View back Prentiss Miller, the state's leading rusher. Next up: vs. Pine View, Friday.
25. Cottonwood (3-7)
Was: —. Last week: Lost to Alta, 48-12. Outlook: Has won three of its last five games, and looked very, very good in taking care of business against Brighton in Monday's three-way play-in game. Next up: vs. Brighton, Monday.
Dropped out: No. 19 Brighton.
- Deseret News 2014 NFL Mock Draft: Where are...
- U. student government passes resolution to...
- Doug Robinson: Utah Jazz have come full...
- Amy Donaldson: 'Utah Man' can stay or go, but...
- No timeline set to find Utah Jazz's new head...
- To serve or not to serve: BYU star athletes...
- Utah Sports Ruckus: Grading the Jazz's...
- Alec Burks, one of Jazz bright spots, looks...
- U. student government passes resolution... 106
- Utah Jazz: Tyrone Corbin's contract... 56
- To serve or not to serve: BYU star... 41
- Doug Robinson: Utah Jazz have come full... 30
- Dick Harmon: BYU's loading up with... 27
- Mike Sorensen: To keep or not to keep... 24
- Speculation begins about who the next... 24
- Utah Jazz: Plan's playing out, but... 19