Was: 23. Last week: Beat Canyon View, 51-12. Outlook: Few teams have been more consistent than Hurricane the past few years, and the defending 3A champs are hoping for similar success again. Next up: vs. Delta, Friday.
23. Orem (7-3)
Was: 24. Last week: Beat Timpanogos, 47-14. Outlook: Benefited from Timpview's forfeits to claim the Region 8 title for the first time since 2004. Next up: vs. Sky View, Friday.
24. Spanish Fork (9-1)
Was: 25. Last week: Beat Payson, 45-14. Outlook: Improved defense faces a very difficult test in the playoffs against Pine View back Prentiss Miller, the state's leading rusher. Next up: vs. Pine View, Friday.
25. Cottonwood (3-7)
Was: —. Last week: Lost to Alta, 48-12. Outlook: Has won three of its last five games, and looked very, very good in taking care of business against Brighton in Monday's three-way play-in game. Next up: vs. Brighton, Monday.
Dropped out: No. 19 Brighton.
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes coming...
- BYU football: Cougars to play Washington in...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz continue slide with overtime...
- Utah State football: Aggie defense plays...
- Toddler basketball star, 'Trick-Shot-Titus,'...
- Utah State football: Aggies will take on No....
- BYU basketball report card: Cougars give...
- Utah State football: Aggies await their bowl...
- Dick Harmon: Are we spending too much... 61
- Commentary: Long-term success in... 51
- BYU basketball: 3 players record... 47
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 36
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 34
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog:... 27
- BYU basketball: Breaking down UMass,... 27
- Cougars in the pros: Austin Collie... 27