Was: 23. Last week: Beat Canyon View, 51-12. Outlook: Few teams have been more consistent than Hurricane the past few years, and the defending 3A champs are hoping for similar success again. Next up: vs. Delta, Friday.
23. Orem (7-3)
Was: 24. Last week: Beat Timpanogos, 47-14. Outlook: Benefited from Timpview's forfeits to claim the Region 8 title for the first time since 2004. Next up: vs. Sky View, Friday.
24. Spanish Fork (9-1)
Was: 25. Last week: Beat Payson, 45-14. Outlook: Improved defense faces a very difficult test in the playoffs against Pine View back Prentiss Miller, the state's leading rusher. Next up: vs. Pine View, Friday.
25. Cottonwood (3-7)
Was: —. Last week: Lost to Alta, 48-12. Outlook: Has won three of its last five games, and looked very, very good in taking care of business against Brighton in Monday's three-way play-in game. Next up: vs. Brighton, Monday.
Dropped out: No. 19 Brighton.
- BYU basketball: Agustin Ambrosino leaves BYU...
- Hard work, dedication pay off for Utah's Karl...
- High school boys soccer: Lehi beats Bingham,...
- LIVE TODAY: Deseret News live streaming...
- BYU basketball: Dave Rose hoping Tyler Haws'...
- Utah Jazz release Orlando Pro Summer League...
- Stump the Smith: Can you answer the questions...
- High school softball: Seniors lead Copper...
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A state... 56
- Hard work, dedication pay off for... 42
- BYU basketball: Dave Rose hoping Tyler... 28
- BYU basketball: Agustin Ambrosino... 23
- Bodyguards allegedly beat up 2 fans who... 19
- Utah Jazz: No lottery luck, so Jazz... 19
- Utah State football: New coach Matt... 12
- BYU football: Fan-developed software... 8