Was: 11. Last week: Beat Lehi, 31-8. Outlook: Was inconsistent at times during the regular season, but the Knights can't afford to let that happen in the playoffs. Next up: vs. Brighton, Saturday.
12. Herriman (8-2)
Was: 12. Last week: Beat Clearfield, 50-7. Outlook: No doubt frustrated about drawing East in the first round, but the Mustangs need to refocus 'cause they're good enough to pull off the upset. Next up: vs. TBD, Friday.
13. Woods Cross (8-2)
Was: 14. Last week: Lost to Olympus, 21-14. Outlook: Despite losing to Olympus in the regular season finale, the Wildcats could definitely be a sleeper team in the 4A playoffs. Next up: vs. Westlake, Friday.
14. Bountiful (8-2)
Was: 15. Last week: Beat Layton, 31-9. Outlook: The Braves have quietly gone about their business this year, and are hoping to advance to a third straight 4A semifinal. Next up: vs. Skyline, Friday.
15. Riverton (6-4)
Was: 16. Last week: Beat American Fork, 49-27. Outlook: A year ago Syracuse shocked Alta in the first round of the playoffs, and the 'Wolves are hoping for similar success this year. Next up: at Alta, Friday.
16. Pleasant Grove (6-4)
Was: 13. Last week: Lost to Bingham, 49-14. Outlook: Missed out on a chance to claim the Region 4's top seed last week, and now it looks like the Vikings are headed for a quick playoff exit. Next up: at Jordan, Friday.
17. Highland (6-4)
Was: 17. Last week: Beat Box Elder, 9-7. Outlook: Faces Olympus in a very intriguing first-round game between heated rivals. Next up: at Olympus, Friday.
18. Stansbury (10-0)
Was: 20. Last week: Beat Ben Lomond, 42-0. Outlook: Most games have been blowouts victories, but in three close games the Stallions have proven they can win the close games too. Next up: vs. Union, Friday.
19. Box Elder (6-4)
Was: 18. Last week: Lost to Highland, 9-7. Outlook: Hasn't scored more than 16 points since Oct. 5, which could spell trouble on the road in the playoffs. Next up: at Maple Mountain, Friday.
20. Hunter (7-2)
Was: 21. Last week: Beat Viewmont, 35-0. Outlook: The Wolverines are hoping to prove that despite the weak competition in Region 2, they're still a dangerous team in the playoffs. Next up: vs. Fremont, Friday.
21. Desert Hills (6-3)
Was: 22. Last week: Beat Cedar, 42-14. Outlook: QB Ty Rutledge is playing at a higher level the past few weeks, which makes the Thunder are dangerous team in the 3A playoffs. Next up: vs. Payson, Friday.
22. Hurricane (8-1)
- High school football: Reigning Mr. Football...
- Quinton Pedroza dismissed from Utah Utes...
- Ryan Teeples: BYU sports is for BYUtv, not...
- Brad Rock: If the NFL could add a team in...
- Dick Harmon: Bronco Mendenhall and Cecil O....
- Twitter reaction: U.S. men's soccer team...
- Utah Jazz: Possible Jazz draftee Michael...
- More than just football: Alema Te'o promotes...
- BYU football: Cougars must secure their... 184
- High school football: Reigning Mr.... 66
- Quinton Pedroza dismissed from Utah... 41
- Dick Harmon: Bronco Mendenhall and... 36
- Utes basketball: Utah conducting... 32
- Brad Rock: USU coach Matt Wells has... 11
- University of Utah 'restructures'... 11
- Utah Jazz: Massive, state-of-the-art... 11