1. Jordan (8-1)
Was: 1. Last week: Beat West Jordan, 48-37. Outlook: QB Austin Kafentzis has accounted for 41 total TDs this season, and he's a big reason the 'Diggers are the 5A team to beat. Next up: vs. Pleasant Grove, Friday.
2. Syracuse (9-0)
Was: 3. Last week: Bye. Outlook: A Region 1 team has advanced to three straight 5A title games, and the Titans are hoping to make it four straight in a few weeks. Next up: vs. Viewmont, Friday.
3. East (2-7)
Was: 2. Last week: Lost to Logan, 51-34. Outlook: Thanks to some eligibility leniency from the UHSAA, the Leopards head into the playoffs with a losing record but are clearly the 4A favorite. Next up: at Mountain View, Tuesday.
4. Alta (8-2)
Was: 5. Last week: Beat Cottonwood, 48-12. Outlook: The defense has been playing much better as of late, and that will be key if the Hawks expect to make a deep playoff run. Next up: vs. Riverton, Friday.
5. Timpview (6-4)
Was: 4. Last week: Beat Provo, 48-16. Outlook: Regardless of their seed, with QB Jake Lloyd leading the way the T-Birds are more than capable of beating anyone. Next up: at Logan, Friday.
6. Mountain Crest (8-2)
Was: 7. Last week: Beat Northridge, 31-7. Outlook: The Mustangs are riding a seven-game winning streak into the playoffs and are no doubt thrilled to be in the weaker upper half of the 4A bracket. Next up: vs. Timpanogos, Friday.
7. Northridge (8-2)
Was: 6. Last week: Lost to Mountain Crest, 31-7. Outlook: Lost regular season finale to Mountain Crest, but the Knights aren't concerned after they rested nearly a dozen starters. Next up: vs. Granger, Friday.
8. Bingham (8-2)
Was: 8. Last week: Beat Pleasant Grove, 49-14. Outlook: Dominated Pleasant Grove to earn a share of the Region 4 title, and the Miners are no doubt feeling confident heading into the playoffs. Next up: vs. Cottonwood, Friday.
9. Logan (8-2)
Was: 9. Last week: Beat East, 51-34. Outlook: The defending 4A state champs head into the playoffs coming off a huge win over East, but they face a brutal first-round game against Timpview. Next up: vs. Timpview, Friday.
10. Juan Diego (10-0)
Was: 10. Last week: Beat Judge Memorial, 30-7. Outlook: Hasn't really been tested since early September, and the coaching staff hopes there's no carry-over rust into the playoffs. Next up: vs. Grantsville, Friday.
11. Lone Peak (7-3)
Was: 11. Last week: Beat Lehi, 31-8. Outlook: Was inconsistent at times during the regular season, but the Knights can't afford to let that happen in the playoffs. Next up: vs. Brighton, Saturday.
- Doug Robinson: 'In Football We Trust'...
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around as...
- BYU basketball guard Anson Winder and...
- Best of the West: Shifting teams around after...
- Utah high schoolers who've reached the Super...
- Morning links: ESPN's Chad Ford draft...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make...
- Utah Utes still pursuing several big-time...
- Peavler: Can BYU football rise up to... 62
- Utah football: Utes add former BYU... 51
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight... 37
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around... 37
- Dick Harmon: Texas speedster Charles... 28
- Utes get it done at home again 21
- Masina, Gustin develop friendship that... 20
- Matt Carlino playing much the same at... 19