BOCA RATON, Fla. — Republican Mitt Romney says he praises rival President Barack Obama for ordering the raid that killed al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden, but adds that the United States "can't kill our way out of this mess" of religious extremism.
Romney opened Monday's third and final presidential debate by criticizing Obama's policies toward Islamic extremism. He says that Obama missed an opportunity during the Arab Spring and says that Obama has not done enough to block Iran from building a nuclear weapon.
Obama says Romney has not been in a position to execute foreign policy, but adds that his positions to this point have "been all over the map." Romney says his strategy "is pretty straight forward: go after the bad guys."
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- At least 31 believed dead at Japanese volcano...
- Why we don't need to worry that Utah cities...
- Obama: US 'underestimated' Islamic State threat
- New mom Chelsea Clinton celebrates baby daughter
- Interracial marriages on the rise, but social...
- Game officials: Antelope poached near Casper
- Al-Qaida leader warns of revenge for airstrikes
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 33
- Republicans rallying behind religious... 32
- Obama: US 'underestimated' Islamic... 22
- White House: Holder resigning as... 20
- New mom Chelsea Clinton celebrates baby... 13
- Police: Fired worker beheaded Oklahoma... 11
- Tens of thousands of immigrant families... 10
- Congress releases war funds to fight Ebola 9