BOCA RATON, Fla. — Republican Mitt Romney says he praises rival President Barack Obama for ordering the raid that killed al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden, but adds that the United States "can't kill our way out of this mess" of religious extremism.
Romney opened Monday's third and final presidential debate by criticizing Obama's policies toward Islamic extremism. He says that Obama missed an opportunity during the Arab Spring and says that Obama has not done enough to block Iran from building a nuclear weapon.
Obama says Romney has not been in a position to execute foreign policy, but adds that his positions to this point have "been all over the map." Romney says his strategy "is pretty straight forward: go after the bad guys."
- Boy Scouts open membership to all boys,...
- Defending the Faith: A case for the...
- Gallup poll shows shift in views on morality...
- Scouts likely to face further turmoil
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize...
- Mistake or miracle: New evidence on the...
- One third of millenials regret going to college
- Affordable Care Act could bring 'skinny'...
- Defending the Faith: A case for the... 59
- Boy Scouts open membership to all boys,... 43
- Journalists criticize Obama... 38
- IRS official Lerner invokes Fifth... 22
- Former IRS chief to Congress: Can't say... 21
- More Obama aides knew IRS targeted... 19
- US companies challenging contraception... 19
- Gallup poll shows shift in views on... 17