WIXOM, Mich. — Kids are being kept off school playgrounds and some commuters are changing routes as police search for a suspect in 20 random shootings that have mostly damaged vehicles on roads in four Michigan counties.
No one's been hurt, and no shootings have occurred since Thursday. But Oakland County Undersheriff Mike McCabe says police added two incidents to their list Monday.
Tipsters have told police the gunman appears to be a white man in his 30s and authorities on Sunday released a sketch. The incidents appear to be random, but police are investigating them as a pack.
The shootings mostly involve cars near Interstate 96, though authorities have said one occurred while a man was taking out his garbage. In another incident, a woman said her car's rear window was shattered.
- Defending the Faith: A case for the...
- Abercrombie & Fitch CEO posts statement on...
- Boy Scouts open membership to all boys,...
- Brave woman tried to reason with London...
- Tornado relief spurs LDS Church, Layton's...
- One third of millenials regret going to college
- Facts about the Boy Scouts of America
- Stories behind viral Oklahoma tragedy photos...
- Mitt Romney talks IRS, AP records,... 67
- Defending the Faith: A case for the... 42
- Journalists criticize Obama... 38
- Associated Press CEO calls records... 23
- White House insists Obama was not... 22
- IRS official Lerner invokes Fifth... 22
- Former IRS chief to Congress: Can't say... 21
- More Obama aides knew IRS targeted... 19