To some, President Obama is the wrong kind of Christian
Our take: While much has been written about Mitt Romney's Mormonism, here is an examination by CNN's John Blake on Presidents Barack Obama's Christianity. Blake calls Obama a religious pioneer who is expanding the definition of who can be a Christian "by challenging the religious rights domination of the national stage."
President Barack Obama was sharing a pulpit one day with a conservative Christian leader when a revealing exchange took place.
Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback, a conservative Christian who has taken public stands against abortion and same-sex marriage, had joined Obama for an AIDS summit. They were speaking before a conservative megachurch filled with white evangelicals.
When Brownback rose to speak, he joked that he had joined Obama earlier at an NAACP meeting where Obama was treated like Elvis and he was virtually ignored. Turning to Obama, a smiling Brownback said, "Welcome to my house!"
The audience exploded with laughter and applause. Obama rose, walked before the congregation and then declared:
"There is one thing I have to say, Sam. This is my house, too. This is Gods house."
- LDS Church announces publication of the...
- ‘Ambushed’ officer: God told me...
- LDS mom qualifies for U.S. Olympic Marathon...
- My Plan: A new tool to help LDS missionaries...
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The Book...
- The best Christian workplaces in 2015
- Duce's Wild: Working miracles regardless of...
- LDS Church leaders share personal photos and...
- Duce's Wild: Working miracles... 29
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The... 28
- ‘Ambushed’ officer: God... 25
- Russians' views on religion are... 16
- 5 faith facts about Jim Gilmore:... 8
- LDS Church announces publication of the... 7
- Two Sudanese pastors could face the... 6
- Jerry Earl Johnston: My latest minuet... 5