Richard Drew, file, Associated Press
NEW YORK — The high-fashion Prabal Gurung (PRUH'-buhl goo-RUHNG') label will be hanging at Target Corp. stores next February. The designer is the latest to plan a limited-edition collaboration with the retailer.
There will be women's clothing, including dresses and blazers, and shoes, jewelry and handbags. Products launch in stores Feb. 10.
Trish Adams, Target's senior vice president of apparel and accessories, says Gurung is a "modern visionary."
The Nepalese-born Gurung is best known for very modern styles using classic craftsmanship techniques and mixed-media materials. His most recent runway featured a hand-embroidered jacket with beads and a trail of chiffon, and silk sweatpants.
Gurung has dressed many celebrities, including first lady Michelle Obama and Lady Gaga. His first big splash was a red asymmetrical dress worn by Zoe Saldana in 2009 that was featured on the cover of Women's Wear Daily.
- A father's bucket list: 10 things I want to...
- 5 underrated Disney movies
- Wyoming ranked third in US in percentage of...
- Motherhood Matters: When there is nothing...
- Lexi Hansen forgives driver who hit her (+video)
- Parenting programs leave father out, to kids'...
- The Clean Cut: Time-lapse video captures...
- What accounts for the cinematic generation gap?
- Dear mom on the iPhone: Let me tell you... 76
- 5 underrated Disney movies 17
- Erin Stewart: Prom dress modesty raises... 9
- Top reasons couples divorce... 4
- Colleges getting out of health... 3
- From the Statue of Liberty to Utah's... 3
- A father's bucket list: 10 things I... 3
- 4-year-old boy gets new ear with aid of... 3