Richard Drew, file, Associated Press
NEW YORK — The high-fashion Prabal Gurung (PRUH'-buhl goo-RUHNG') label will be hanging at Target Corp. stores next February. The designer is the latest to plan a limited-edition collaboration with the retailer.
There will be women's clothing, including dresses and blazers, and shoes, jewelry and handbags. Products launch in stores Feb. 10.
Trish Adams, Target's senior vice president of apparel and accessories, says Gurung is a "modern visionary."
The Nepalese-born Gurung is best known for very modern styles using classic craftsmanship techniques and mixed-media materials. His most recent runway featured a hand-embroidered jacket with beads and a trail of chiffon, and silk sweatpants.
Gurung has dressed many celebrities, including first lady Michelle Obama and Lady Gaga. His first big splash was a red asymmetrical dress worn by Zoe Saldana in 2009 that was featured on the cover of Women's Wear Daily.
- Alex Boye to make second appearance on NBC's...
- 31 things you might not know about the Harry...
- 20 things I wish I would have known before...
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an...
- Comic Amy Schumer, Sen. Schumer call for...
- 19 little-known facts about the Mission:...
- Dear daughter, when did I last wash your hair?
- ValueSpeak: 'Goodbye, Farewell and Amen'
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an... 116
- Government audit finds health law... 7
- Comic Amy Schumer, Sen. Schumer call... 7
- Senate voting on Planned Parenthood,... 6
- Millennials still reluctant to move... 5
- Got a cold? Antibiotics may do more... 4
- Beating the odds: Trip to the White... 4
- ValueSpeak: 'Goodbye, Farewell and Amen' 3