Richard Drew, file, Associated Press
NEW YORK — The high-fashion Prabal Gurung (PRUH'-buhl goo-RUHNG') label will be hanging at Target Corp. stores next February. The designer is the latest to plan a limited-edition collaboration with the retailer.
There will be women's clothing, including dresses and blazers, and shoes, jewelry and handbags. Products launch in stores Feb. 10.
Trish Adams, Target's senior vice president of apparel and accessories, says Gurung is a "modern visionary."
The Nepalese-born Gurung is best known for very modern styles using classic craftsmanship techniques and mixed-media materials. His most recent runway featured a hand-embroidered jacket with beads and a trail of chiffon, and silk sweatpants.
Gurung has dressed many celebrities, including first lady Michelle Obama and Lady Gaga. His first big splash was a red asymmetrical dress worn by Zoe Saldana in 2009 that was featured on the cover of Women's Wear Daily.
- Want to improve your marriage? Get a hobby,...
- Why do we need an R-rated Hobbit movie?
- Want your marriage to last? Have another child
- U.S. kids react — hilariously —...
- The Clean Cut: Children taste dark chocolate...
- UTubers: Al Fox Carraway talks about...
- 'Once I Was a Beehive' gets national release
- ‘Jackie & Ryan’ showcases beauty...
- Planned Parenthood alleges 'smear' in... 21
- Why do we need an R-rated Hobbit movie? 14
- Want your marriage to last? Have... 9
- Parents using infertility treatment to... 7
- Want to improve your marriage? Get a... 6
- Sherry Young: A mother's glimpse into... 5
- Ground to be broken Thursday afternoon... 5
- Trust, forgiveness and repentance are... 5