Richard Drew, file, Associated Press
NEW YORK — The high-fashion Prabal Gurung (PRUH'-buhl goo-RUHNG') label will be hanging at Target Corp. stores next February. The designer is the latest to plan a limited-edition collaboration with the retailer.
There will be women's clothing, including dresses and blazers, and shoes, jewelry and handbags. Products launch in stores Feb. 10.
Trish Adams, Target's senior vice president of apparel and accessories, says Gurung is a "modern visionary."
The Nepalese-born Gurung is best known for very modern styles using classic craftsmanship techniques and mixed-media materials. His most recent runway featured a hand-embroidered jacket with beads and a trail of chiffon, and silk sweatpants.
Gurung has dressed many celebrities, including first lady Michelle Obama and Lady Gaga. His first big splash was a red asymmetrical dress worn by Zoe Saldana in 2009 that was featured on the cover of Women's Wear Daily.
- Brooke Romney: Why we are taking the fun out...
- Beat the heat: 33 free splash pads in Utah
- A world apart: 2 women with birthdates in...
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- UTubers: Lexi Walker sings national anthem at...
- This is what you look like to a newborn baby
- UTubers: Lindsey Stirling posts video of...
- LDS musician Alex Boyé thrills judges on...
- When Satan steals your motherhood 70
- Brooke Romney: Why we are taking the... 42
- BYUtv announces cancellation of... 8
- We're doing youth soccer wrong: The... 6
- A look at same-sex marriage reaction... 5
- Obama lauds high court decision on gay... 5
- LDS musician Alex Boyé thrills... 5
- Health group reinvents famous Coke... 4