Richard Drew, file, Associated Press
NEW YORK — The high-fashion Prabal Gurung (PRUH'-buhl goo-RUHNG') label will be hanging at Target Corp. stores next February. The designer is the latest to plan a limited-edition collaboration with the retailer.
There will be women's clothing, including dresses and blazers, and shoes, jewelry and handbags. Products launch in stores Feb. 10.
Trish Adams, Target's senior vice president of apparel and accessories, says Gurung is a "modern visionary."
The Nepalese-born Gurung is best known for very modern styles using classic craftsmanship techniques and mixed-media materials. His most recent runway featured a hand-embroidered jacket with beads and a trail of chiffon, and silk sweatpants.
Gurung has dressed many celebrities, including first lady Michelle Obama and Lady Gaga. His first big splash was a red asymmetrical dress worn by Zoe Saldana in 2009 that was featured on the cover of Women's Wear Daily.
- Film about man's crusade against child sex...
- Top 10 spring activities for Utah families
- Can you name the celebrity voices behind...
- Students test interactive experiences ahead...
- 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' cast...
- Do moms need a purpose beyond motherhood?
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir to carry on tradition...
- John Lennon audio interviews surface on 'I'm...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Tipping points:... 37
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 27
- Elizabeth Smart talks forgiveness and... 24
- Police: Student ate more pot than... 19
- Get married, stay married? No fault... 14
- Gov. Herbert still optimistic about... 12
- 'Heaven is for Real' delivers a... 9
- Do moms need a purpose beyond motherhood? 8