OKLAHOMA CITY — James Harden returned from an injury to score 16 points, Kevin Durant and Serge Ibaka also had 16 and the Oklahoma City Thunder beat the Denver Nuggets 108-101 in a preseason game Sunday night.
The Thunder had their starting five together for the first time this preseason, with Kendrick Perkins playing for the first time after wrist surgery and Thabo Sefolosha coming back from a left quad contusion.
Oklahoma City built a 19-point lead in the first half, only for the Nuggets to race back and take a one-point edge three times early in the fourth quarter. The Thunder stuck with their reserves, who were able to close it out against a mixture of Denver starters and backups.
Danilo Gallinari led the Nuggets with 26 points, and Ty Lawson added 17 points and 11 assists.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 29
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 19