OKLAHOMA CITY — James Harden returned from an injury to score 16 points, Kevin Durant and Serge Ibaka also had 16 and the Oklahoma City Thunder beat the Denver Nuggets 108-101 in a preseason game Sunday night.
The Thunder had their starting five together for the first time this preseason, with Kendrick Perkins playing for the first time after wrist surgery and Thabo Sefolosha coming back from a left quad contusion.
Oklahoma City built a 19-point lead in the first half, only for the Nuggets to race back and take a one-point edge three times early in the fourth quarter. The Thunder stuck with their reserves, who were able to close it out against a mixture of Denver starters and backups.
Danilo Gallinari led the Nuggets with 26 points, and Ty Lawson added 17 points and 11 assists.
- To serve or not to serve: BYU star athletes...
- Utah Sports Ruckus: Grading the Jazz's...
- U. student government passes resolution to...
- Speculation begins about who the next Utah...
- Brad Rock: Jazz coaching hire — this...
- No timeline set to find Utah Jazz's new head...
- Rock On: Lighten up, Gordon Hayward
- Possible replacements as new Jazz coach
- U. student government passes resolution... 83
- Jim McMahon closing in on graduating... 61
- Utah Jazz: Tyrone Corbin's contract... 56
- To serve or not to serve: BYU star... 41
- Dick Harmon: BYU's loading up with... 26
- Mike Sorensen: To keep or not to keep... 24
- Speculation begins about who the next... 24
- Utah Jazz: Plan's playing out, but... 19