OKLAHOMA CITY — James Harden returned from an injury to score 16 points, Kevin Durant and Serge Ibaka also had 16 and the Oklahoma City Thunder beat the Denver Nuggets 108-101 in a preseason game Sunday night.
The Thunder had their starting five together for the first time this preseason, with Kendrick Perkins playing for the first time after wrist surgery and Thabo Sefolosha coming back from a left quad contusion.
Oklahoma City built a 19-point lead in the first half, only for the Nuggets to race back and take a one-point edge three times early in the fourth quarter. The Thunder stuck with their reserves, who were able to close it out against a mixture of Denver starters and backups.
Danilo Gallinari led the Nuggets with 26 points, and Ty Lawson added 17 points and 11 assists.
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to assist...
- High school wrestling: Perennial powers...
- For Star Lotulelei, Super Bowl loss leaves...
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 103
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 30
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 29
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 29
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 28
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 24