Cassill ended up finishing 18th, and offered his unvarnished opinion of Patrick over the radio: "Rule No. 1 in stock car racing is learn how to wreck someone without wrecking yourself."
STILL ROWDY: Evidently, Kyle Busch hasn't learned his lesson when it comes to retaliation.
Busch, who was fined and suspended last season for intentionally wrecking Ron Hornaday Jr. in a truck race, warned Ryan Newman to watch his back after the two got together Sunday.
Busch had been fighting for grip all afternoon when Newman closed in on him. Busch went low to protect the bottom, and Newman ran up the back of him, getting both cars a little bit loose.
"Then he ran into the back of me and spun me out," Busch said. "There's still 80-something laps to go. I don't know what that was for or why or whatever, but I'm glad he's wrecked along with me, and he'll get another one here before the year is out."
Busch was fined $50,000 and parked by NASCAR for his incident involving Hornaday at Texas Motor Speedway. He ended up having to miss the Nationwide and Sprint Cup races that weekend, and spent the remainder of the season on probation.
After winning 18 times over NASCAR's top three series last season, things haven't gone nearly as smooth for Busch for this year. His only victory came in the Cup race at Richmond in April.
Then there's the fact that Kansas has been especially bad for him. His average finish in 11 races is 21st, and twice he's been in title contention when he's been wrecked.
"It's impatience," he said. "You've got to be patient enough to know there's 80 laps to go."
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- Olympic gold-medal sailor tells of gunpoint...
- A look at Day 2 at French Open
- Lowry, DeRozan lead Raptors to 105-99 win...
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under Armour
- Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles selected to host...
- Even before easy win, good day for Serena...
- Westbrook, Thunder put Warriors on brink of...
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 148
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 68
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 50
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 48
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 41
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 37
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 28
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27