Cassill ended up finishing 18th, and offered his unvarnished opinion of Patrick over the radio: "Rule No. 1 in stock car racing is learn how to wreck someone without wrecking yourself."
STILL ROWDY: Evidently, Kyle Busch hasn't learned his lesson when it comes to retaliation.
Busch, who was fined and suspended last season for intentionally wrecking Ron Hornaday Jr. in a truck race, warned Ryan Newman to watch his back after the two got together Sunday.
Busch had been fighting for grip all afternoon when Newman closed in on him. Busch went low to protect the bottom, and Newman ran up the back of him, getting both cars a little bit loose.
"Then he ran into the back of me and spun me out," Busch said. "There's still 80-something laps to go. I don't know what that was for or why or whatever, but I'm glad he's wrecked along with me, and he'll get another one here before the year is out."
Busch was fined $50,000 and parked by NASCAR for his incident involving Hornaday at Texas Motor Speedway. He ended up having to miss the Nationwide and Sprint Cup races that weekend, and spent the remainder of the season on probation.
After winning 18 times over NASCAR's top three series last season, things haven't gone nearly as smooth for Busch for this year. His only victory came in the Cup race at Richmond in April.
Then there's the fact that Kansas has been especially bad for him. His average finish in 11 races is 21st, and twice he's been in title contention when he's been wrecked.
"It's impatience," he said. "You've got to be patient enough to know there's 80 laps to go."
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big 12...
- BYU and the Big 12: A timeline of events
- NCAA: No. 1 overall seed to choose tourney...
- IOC explores legal options on banning all...
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Brazil nabs 10 IS backers in Olympics...
- Oklahoma State forward Tyrek Coger dies after...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big... 126
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Morning links: National college... 76
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 63
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 52
- Big 12 Media Days social roundup:... 49
- Annual instate college basketball... 37