"Just the way we prepared this week for this game, knowing that people were overlooking it and looking to next week, just showed a lot of character for us," said Kenny Stills, who caught a 44-yard TD pass from Jones.
"I feel like we're really excited for that."
Kansas went with Michael Cummings as its starting quarterback, after he'd been at the helm as the Jayhawks rallied for 14 straight points and had the ball with a chance to go ahead in the fourth quarter of a 20-14 loss to Oklahoma State last week.
He and Dayne Crist, who'd been the starter the rest of the season, were equally ineffective.
Cummings went 10 for 21 for 111 yards with two interceptions. Crist was 3 of 6 for 13 yards and fumbled away an early opportunity for the Jayhawks to keep it interesting.
After Josh Ford scooped up Brown's fumble at the 11-yard line, Crist was off-target on a first-down swing pass to Tre' Parmalee, forcing him to fall down with no one around him in the flat. Then Cummings threw incomplete into the end zone before Tom Wort sacked Crist and knocked the ball free, with defensive tackle Casey Walker rumbling 45 yards on the return.
Instead of interrupting the Sooners' momentum, Oklahoma kept steamrolling toward the showdown with the Fighting Irish.
"We're excited for next week," Stills said. "We just hope to continue to keep things rolling, playing all together, firing on all cylinders and hopefully we'll have a great outcome next week."
- U. student government passes resolution to...
- To serve or not to serve: BYU star athletes...
- Utah Sports Ruckus: Grading the Jazz's...
- No timeline set to find Utah Jazz's new head...
- Doug Robinson: Utah Jazz have come full...
- Rock On: Lighten up, Gordon Hayward
- Speculation begins about who the next Utah...
- High school sports: Tuesday's roundup
- U. student government passes resolution... 101
- Utah Jazz: Tyrone Corbin's contract... 56
- To serve or not to serve: BYU star... 41
- Doug Robinson: Utah Jazz have come full... 28
- Dick Harmon: BYU's loading up with... 26
- Mike Sorensen: To keep or not to keep... 24
- Speculation begins about who the next... 24
- Utah Jazz: Plan's playing out, but... 19