Laura Seitz, Deseret News
When the Utah High School Activities Association voted to vacate East High's 2012 football season on such a small administrative discrepancy, it was the greatest travesty in high school sports history. Using Timpview circumstances as a model is beyond logic. Timpview got to play all their games and experienced the joy. Now taking away their titles has no consequences. The players are laughing at this type of discipline.
Using Highland High residents to influence the committee is wrong. He should have rescued himself. East High's 100 plus players deserve the right to play; then take away all their games and trophies — as they did with Timpview.
Fairness and compassion have higher priorities over vengeance and revenge.
Salt Lake City
- Robert J. Samuelson: The Olympic sinkhole
- In our opinion: Finding – not forcing...
- Drew Clark: Will 2016 be the breakout year...
- My view: The supergentrification of Sugar House
- Michael Gerson: The Dalai Lama's path to peace
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: The 'bathroom...
- My view: Patriotic Millionaires urges Hatch...
- Charles Krauthammer: Donald, Hillary and the...
- In our opinion: Finding – not... 81
- Letter: Nothing is 'free' 53
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the... 34
- Those intolerable TSA security lines 22
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, politics... 22
- In our opinion: A social media enabled... 21
- On Second Thought: A lighthearted look... 19
- Letter: Citizens have a duty 19