Laura Seitz, Deseret News
When the Utah High School Activities Association voted to vacate East High's 2012 football season on such a small administrative discrepancy, it was the greatest travesty in high school sports history. Using Timpview circumstances as a model is beyond logic. Timpview got to play all their games and experienced the joy. Now taking away their titles has no consequences. The players are laughing at this type of discipline.
Using Highland High residents to influence the committee is wrong. He should have rescued himself. East High's 100 plus players deserve the right to play; then take away all their games and trophies — as they did with Timpview.
Fairness and compassion have higher priorities over vengeance and revenge.
Salt Lake City
- 10 movies that offended foreign governments
- In our opinion: U.S. Supreme Court delivers...
- In our opinion: It's time to scrutinize...
- Robert Bennett: Shurtleff and Swallow are...
- About Utah: Q&A with former Kearns,...
- Richard Davis: Latter-day Saints should...
- Letter: Gun control
- My view: Amnesty towards border children is...
- Richard Davis: Latter-day Saints should... 190
- My view: Marriage and social justice go... 98
- Greg Bell: Defenders of religious... 86
- In our opinion: It's time to scrutinize... 55
- In our opinion: Religious freedom... 54
- Letter: Gun control 50
- Letter: Obama fans? 44
- Faith, family and freedom join to... 26