Laura Seitz, Deseret News
When the Utah High School Activities Association voted to vacate East High's 2012 football season on such a small administrative discrepancy, it was the greatest travesty in high school sports history. Using Timpview circumstances as a model is beyond logic. Timpview got to play all their games and experienced the joy. Now taking away their titles has no consequences. The players are laughing at this type of discipline.
Using Highland High residents to influence the committee is wrong. He should have rescued himself. East High's 100 plus players deserve the right to play; then take away all their games and trophies — as they did with Timpview.
Fairness and compassion have higher priorities over vengeance and revenge.
Salt Lake City
- Disputes over specialized license plates...
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- My view: Chaffetz named ‘politician of...
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change...
- In our opinion: Water, a precious commodity
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the family put...
- Lessons from 'Christmas Carol'
- Letter: Monolingual minorities
- Charles Krauthammer: Democrats use... 78
- In our opinion: Police training should... 45
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- In our opinion: Wood burning ban... 37
- Robert Bennett: More political... 36
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 32