Laura Seitz, Deseret News
When the Utah High School Activities Association voted to vacate East High's 2012 football season on such a small administrative discrepancy, it was the greatest travesty in high school sports history. Using Timpview circumstances as a model is beyond logic. Timpview got to play all their games and experienced the joy. Now taking away their titles has no consequences. The players are laughing at this type of discipline.
Using Highland High residents to influence the committee is wrong. He should have rescued himself. East High's 100 plus players deserve the right to play; then take away all their games and trophies — as they did with Timpview.
Fairness and compassion have higher priorities over vengeance and revenge.
Salt Lake City
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- My view: Non-discrimination laws have a problem
- President should not act without...
- In our opinion: No more 'Government Motors'
- Doug Robinson: We are in the midst of an era...
- Richard Davis: Mandela's greatest achievement...
- Matthew Sanders: Nelson Mandela's goodness...
- Michael Gerson: The gospel according to JC...
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 65
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 61
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 43
- Letter: Doctors unite 40
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 39
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP? 30
- In our opinion: No more 'Government... 25
- President should not act without... 24