It's the end of the year and time again for health assessments at work. There's nothing that makes me feel more like a pig being judged at the state fair than health assessments at work.
If I could just get my BMI (body mass index) more in line with the acceptable value, I'd be in good shape. It's based on height and weight and something to do with how much electricity your body conducts. If I were just a few inches taller, I wouldn't have any trouble meeting the BMI minimum requirement to get a discount on my insurance. Does that mean if I have surgery and have my legs extended, I will be healthier?
Ike J. May
- Richard Davis: Latter-day Saints should... 190
- My view: Marriage and social justice go... 98
- Greg Bell: Defenders of religious... 86
- In our opinion: Religious freedom... 52
- In our opinion: It's time to scrutinize... 50
- Letter: Gun control 50
- Letter: Obama fans? 43
- Faith, family and freedom join to... 25