NEW YORK — A day after earning his high school diploma, an excited Drake performed hit songs for a few hundred people at an event for Tyra Banks.
The 25-year-old told the crowd Thursday night that he took a small break from music and "spent some time going back to high school."
"I got my high school diploma," he said with excitement as the crowd roared.
Drake also posted on Twitter late Wednesday that he earned a 97 percent on his final exam and an 88 percent in his last class through work with a private tutor. The Canadian dropped out of high school, ironically, to star in the high school TV series "Degrassi: The Next Generation." He played the role of Jimmy Brooks.
The Grammy-nominated musician performed hits like "Best I Ever Had," ''Find Your Love" and "The Motto" at Banks' first annual Flawsome Ball for The Tyra Banks TZONE Foundation, her organization aimed at developing confidence in girls. He dedicated his song "Make Me Proud" to the supermodel.
Rosario Dawson, Clay Aiken and Estelle also attended the gala event in New York at Capitale.
Follow Mesfin Fekadu on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/musicmesfin
- Convicted killer thought fellow escapee was...
- Oklahoma court: Ten Commandments monument...
- A world apart: 2 women with birthdates in...
- Judge rejects motion, clearing way for Steven...
- NBC to Donald Trump: You're fired
- Religious colleges on edge over tax, Pell...
- Don't blink or you might miss the leap second...
- Utahns have mixed reactions to Supreme Court...
- Supreme Court declares nationwide right... 188
- Religious leaders ponder next steps... 59
- Utahns have mixed reactions to Supreme... 58
- Oklahoma court: Ten Commandments... 36
- White House lit in rainbow colors after... 33
- Woman removes Confederate flag in front... 25
- NBC to Donald Trump: You're fired 24
- Obama delivers unvarnished race lecture... 13