NEW YORK — A day after earning his high school diploma, an excited Drake performed hit songs for a few hundred people at an event for Tyra Banks.
The 25-year-old told the crowd Thursday night that he took a small break from music and "spent some time going back to high school."
"I got my high school diploma," he said with excitement as the crowd roared.
Drake also posted on Twitter late Wednesday that he earned a 97 percent on his final exam and an 88 percent in his last class through work with a private tutor. The Canadian dropped out of high school, ironically, to star in the high school TV series "Degrassi: The Next Generation." He played the role of Jimmy Brooks.
The Grammy-nominated musician performed hits like "Best I Ever Had," ''Find Your Love" and "The Motto" at Banks' first annual Flawsome Ball for The Tyra Banks TZONE Foundation, her organization aimed at developing confidence in girls. He dedicated his song "Make Me Proud" to the supermodel.
Rosario Dawson, Clay Aiken and Estelle also attended the gala event in New York at Capitale.
Follow Mesfin Fekadu on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/musicmesfin
- 19 little-known facts about the Mission:...
- 31 things you might not know about the Harry...
- What went right: How one Orem family turned...
- The one thing you may be giving your children...
- Job insecurity is the new normal. Here's how...
- 13 baby names that are making a comeback
- Which U.S. cities are the best for upward...
- Abortion supporters get help from federal...
- Religious groups react to Boy... 79
- Abortion supporters get help from... 19
- Trump's call for mass deportations runs... 18
- Obama administration wants to give... 15
- The lie behind the idea that ‘sex... 15
- Job insecurity is the new normal.... 14
- Obama to extend college Pell grants to... 12
- Sanders rallies supporters in... 11