Four other current quarterbacks have thrown for over 5,000 career yards, which places them in the all-time Top-30: Orem's Taylor Camp has 5,538, Wasatch's James Delacenserie has 5,432 (including two years at Judge), Cottonwood's Cooper Bateman has 5,095 (the Colts haven't reported all his stats) and Jordan's Austin Kafentzis has 5,059.
Kafentzis is also responsible for 80 touchdowns, and that's the 15th-most all-time.
Millard's Jesse Rhodes continues his ascent on the rushing charts. He has 56 career rushing TDs, just one away from fifth place. Including receptions and returns, Rhodes has scored 60 touchdowns, the seventh most in Utah prep history. Rhodes remains in fourth in career 100-yard games with 22, but only two away from a first-place tie. He's dashed for 4,354 career yards, good for 10th place all-time.
Pine View's Prentiss Miller is 12th in rushing with 4,149 yards. He's fourth in career carries with 606, but 89 away from third place (Brandon Rogers, Park City, 1999-2001). Miller has rushed for over 100 yards 20 times, the sixth best all-time achievement.
Among receivers, Logan's Jesse Braddy has 134 catches with the Grizzlies, putting him seventh all-time. He needs four to reach sixth, but another 28 after that to get to fifth.
On defense, Duchesne's McKade Nielsen picked off a couple more passes to give him 22 career interceptions – only three others have more. Nielsen needs to snag at least four more to move up on the list.
And Season Stats
Logan's Luke Falk has completed 281 of 468 passes this year, vaulting him to third place all-time in both completions and attempts. He needs to connect on 16 more to reach second place (Alex Kusera, Mountain Crest, 2010) and 37 more to overtake Alex Hart's 317 (Jordan, 2009). In attempts, Falk is six away from Grizzly Tyler Stevens (2009) and 22 behind Alex Hart's 490.
Two of his favorite receivers rank high on the all-time season receptions list: Taylor Compton is in third with 89, six short of Jordan's Braden Hammond (2009) and a mere 12 catches away from overtaking C.J. O'Neal's 100 (West Jordan, 2009). Jesse Braddy is 11th with 83 receptions this year.
Kafentzis and Falk have amassed over 3,000 yards of total offense this season to climb into the Top-40: Kafentzis has 3,093 and Falk has 3,064.
Felt's Facts welcomes questions – email email@example.com.
- BYU football: Fan-developed software gives...
- Amy Donaldson: LDS boxer B.J. Flores hopes...
- Bodyguards allegedly beat up 2 fans who took...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coach Mike Littlewood...
- High school boys track: Davis wins another 5A...
- Boys high school top track performances, 2013...
- If hired, Jeff Hornacek will face same...
- High school girls track: Davis wins...
- Utes football recruiting: Polynesian... 91
- USA Rugby: 'What BYU won ... was a... 78
- Ryan Teeples: Ziggy Ansah's story... 69
- Utah Utes football: Dr. Chris Hill... 39
- High school football: Riley Nelson... 30
- Brad Rock: USU athletics can go home again 21
- Van Noy named to Lott IMPACT trophy... 14
- Dick Harmon: BYU coach Mike Littlewood... 12