Duchesne has reached the 30-game mark, tied for the second longest all-time with San Juan (2009-2011) and six behind Timpview's state record (2006-2009).
With Hurricane falling to Desert Hills last week, the second longest current streak belongs to four 9-0 teams: Juan Diego, San Juan, Stansbury and Syracuse. East and Timpview follow with eight straight victories and Manti with seven. Mountain Crest has won six in a row and Spanish Fork, five, to round out the Top-10.
Granger hopes to secure second seed and home-field advantage for the first round and pick up school victory #250 in the process. A win gives Granger eight victories for the first time since 1997.
Woods Cross, which plays its 350th game, is 7-2, but hasn't grabbed eight season victories since going 9-3 in 1993.
Beaver and Timpanogos, also 7-2, can win eight games for the first time since 2002 when the Beavers and Timberwolves won nine contests.
Among coaches, Pine View's Ray Hosner fights to keep Pine View's playoff hopes alive and garner his 100th win with the Panthers.
2012's Most-Improved Teams
Grand and Union have improved 4.5 games over last year. The Red Devils have gone from 2-8 in 2011 to 6-3 so far and the Cougars from 0-10 to 4-5.
Class 2A First-round Games
Millard goes for its 40th home playoff victory – the most in the state – when the Eagles host South Sevier. They last met in 2010 when Millard won 42-6 to increase its series lead to 26-8.
Beaver puts its glossy 19-3 home playoff record on the line when the Beavers entertain Gunnison. The Beavers defeated the Bulldogs 21-14 in overtime at Gunnison on Aug. 24 to up their series lead to 7-2.
Richfield and North Summit haven't met since 2005 when the Wildcats clawed the Braves 34-14 for just their second victory in the nine-game series. Richfield's other win over NS came in 1929.
Kanab at Emery is a first-time matchup.
Most-played Rivalries (min. 50 games)
Spanish Fork clings to a 44-43-4 series lead over Payson heading into their 92nd meeting since 1917. The Dons have trimmed the Lions five straight times in the state's fifth most-played rivalry.
Park City and Wasatch feud for the 82nd time since 1924. The Miners have a nine-game winning streak going against the Wasps since 2003 to blow open what was a close series: PC now leads 43-35-3.
The Cougars and Utes battle, but this time it's Union and Uintah, for the 71st time. The Utes have won four straight to slice Union's lead to 36-34-1.
Delta holds a 55-9-2 lead over North Sanpete and has taken four in a row as they meet for the 67th time.
Duchesne and Altamont face off for the 64th time in an uninterrupted series that began in 1973. The Eagles have won 11 straight over the Longhorns and lead 36-27.
Kanab at Emery (as mentioned) and Diamond Ranch at Summit Academy.
Selected Game Notes from around the State
- Utah Jazz: No lottery luck, so Jazz remain in...
- BYU football: Fan-developed software gives...
- High school boys soccer: Lehi edges...
- Results from Tuesday's high school softball,...
- The offseason status of NFL players with Utah...
- Doug Robinson: It's about time golf took a...
- Utes football recruiting: Polynesian players...
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A state tournament...
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A state... 56
- Bodyguards allegedly beat up 2 fans who... 19
- Dick Harmon: BYU coach Mike Littlewood... 15
- Utah Jazz: No lottery luck, so Jazz... 15
- Utah State football: New coach Matt... 11
- If hired, Jeff Hornacek will face same... 10
- BYU football: Fan-developed software... 8
- Former Jazzman Thurl Bailey named... 7