Utah Jazz basketball: Lazy Lakers cant keep up with Jazz in preseason contest
Tuesday night the Los Angeles Lakers showed very little effort, while the Jazz played with heart in their second preseason matchup with L.A.
Utah put away the Lakers 114-80 by capitalizing off their lazy play and difficulty shooting the ball. The Lakers shot just 27 of 72 shots from the field. They did, however, turn around their three-point shooting in the second half, shooting .409 from behind the line.
After a low scoring start by both teams, including a four minute block of time when the Utah jazz were scoreless, the Jazz had a commanding lead going into halftime, up 52-32.
Utah put together a 12-2 run nearing the end of the first quarter going into the second to pull away from the Lakers.
The Jazz had great first half production from their bench who scored 37 of their 52 points going into halftime. Alec Burks, who was the first substitute for the Jazz, led the bench in scoring with 12 points.
With seven players in double figures, the Jazz had an even scoring attack and shared the ball with 25 total assists on the night.
Shooting just .375 from the field, the Lakers struggled to find the hoop, except Kobe Bryant who finished with 31 points. Bryant took over for Los Angeles after halftime, scoring 23 of their 24 points in the third quarter.
Running the ball worked well for the Utah squad, which finished with 30 fast break points to the Laker's measly nine.
Utah's largest lead of the night was 41 points and they never showed any signs of letting the Lakers back into the game by outscoring L.A. in every quarter, despite Bryant's best efforts.
- Former BYU running back Luke Staley paying a...
- Morning links: Bronson Kaufusi could be on...
- Dick Harmon: Sitake is taking advantage of...
- Free agent roundup: Where local prospects are...
- For some Jazz players, their future is up in...
- Utah State football: Offensive lineman Tyshon...
- Bronco-bound Booker is Utah's only NFL draftee
- 41-year-old mom looking to join U.S. team,...
- Former BYU running back Luke Staley... 116
- Bronco-bound Booker is Utah's only NFL... 76
- Big 12 would be better off expanding,... 71
- BYU's Kaufusi, selected in 3rd round of... 32
- Former BYU quarterback Jake Heaps signs... 31
- Report: Utah's Poeltl, Weber State's... 27
- Dick Harmon: SUU, Kaufusi big winners... 27
- Morning links: Taysom Hill a Top 25... 15