Utah Jazz Basketball: Jazz have a commanding lead after two quarters of play, up on Lakers 52-32
After a low scoring start by both teams, including a four minute time block when the Utah jazz were scoreless, the Jazz have a commanding lead going into halftime, up 52-32.
Utah put together a 12-2 run nearing the end of the first quarter going into the second to pull away from the Lakers.
The Jazz have great production from their bench who have scored 37 of their 52 first half points. Alec Burks, who was the first substitute for the Jazz, along with Derrick Favors off the bench lead the team in scoring with 10 points each.
Shooting just .294 from the field and going 2 for 8 from the three-point line, the Lakers struggled to shoot the ball in the first half.
Running the ball has worked for the Utah squad with 12 fast break points to the Laker's two points.
The Jazz hold a 20 point lead over the L.A. Lakers heading into halftime in another strong preseason showing.
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Utah football notes: Paul makes quite a splash
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU football report card: Special teams...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 127
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 81
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 58
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 52
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33