Utah Jazz Basketball: Jazz have a commanding lead after two quarters of play, up on Lakers 52-32
After a low scoring start by both teams, including a four minute time block when the Utah jazz were scoreless, the Jazz have a commanding lead going into halftime, up 52-32.
Utah put together a 12-2 run nearing the end of the first quarter going into the second to pull away from the Lakers.
The Jazz have great production from their bench who have scored 37 of their 52 first half points. Alec Burks, who was the first substitute for the Jazz, along with Derrick Favors off the bench lead the team in scoring with 10 points each.
Shooting just .294 from the field and going 2 for 8 from the three-point line, the Lakers struggled to shoot the ball in the first half.
Running the ball has worked for the Utah squad with 12 fast break points to the Laker's two points.
The Jazz hold a 20 point lead over the L.A. Lakers heading into halftime in another strong preseason showing.
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out for...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Utah football: Delshawn McClellon announces...
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- Gordon Hayward's buzzer-beater extends Jazz...
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 34
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 32
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 25
- Brad Rock: No BYU, but no regrets for... 22