Utah Jazz Basketball: Jazz have a commanding lead after two quarters of play, up on Lakers 52-32
After a low scoring start by both teams, including a four minute time block when the Utah jazz were scoreless, the Jazz have a commanding lead going into halftime, up 52-32.
Utah put together a 12-2 run nearing the end of the first quarter going into the second to pull away from the Lakers.
The Jazz have great production from their bench who have scored 37 of their 52 first half points. Alec Burks, who was the first substitute for the Jazz, along with Derrick Favors off the bench lead the team in scoring with 10 points each.
Shooting just .294 from the field and going 2 for 8 from the three-point line, the Lakers struggled to shoot the ball in the first half.
Running the ball has worked for the Utah squad with 12 fast break points to the Laker's two points.
The Jazz hold a 20 point lead over the L.A. Lakers heading into halftime in another strong preseason showing.
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- Utah football: Quarterback Kendal Thompson...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 107
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 32
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 21
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20