Utah Jazz Basketball: Jazz have a commanding lead after two quarters of play, up on Lakers 52-32
After a low scoring start by both teams, including a four minute time block when the Utah jazz were scoreless, the Jazz have a commanding lead going into halftime, up 52-32.
Utah put together a 12-2 run nearing the end of the first quarter going into the second to pull away from the Lakers.
The Jazz have great production from their bench who have scored 37 of their 52 first half points. Alec Burks, who was the first substitute for the Jazz, along with Derrick Favors off the bench lead the team in scoring with 10 points each.
Shooting just .294 from the field and going 2 for 8 from the three-point line, the Lakers struggled to shoot the ball in the first half.
Running the ball has worked for the Utah squad with 12 fast break points to the Laker's two points.
The Jazz hold a 20 point lead over the L.A. Lakers heading into halftime in another strong preseason showing.
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Brad Rock: GameDay is quite the day in Utah
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- High school football roundup for Friday, Oct. 9
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Utah and Utah State should...
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 54
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 41
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 20
- Morning links: When will the Utes... 17