Utah Jazz Basketball: Jazz have a commanding lead after two quarters of play, up on Lakers 52-32
After a low scoring start by both teams, including a four minute time block when the Utah jazz were scoreless, the Jazz have a commanding lead going into halftime, up 52-32.
Utah put together a 12-2 run nearing the end of the first quarter going into the second to pull away from the Lakers.
The Jazz have great production from their bench who have scored 37 of their 52 first half points. Alec Burks, who was the first substitute for the Jazz, along with Derrick Favors off the bench lead the team in scoring with 10 points each.
Shooting just .294 from the field and going 2 for 8 from the three-point line, the Lakers struggled to shoot the ball in the first half.
Running the ball has worked for the Utah squad with 12 fast break points to the Laker's two points.
The Jazz hold a 20 point lead over the L.A. Lakers heading into halftime in another strong preseason showing.
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- BYU football enemy camp: 5 questions with a...
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Dick Harmon: A visit to Greenwich, the place...
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 67
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 35
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28