I was recently reading a local newspaper. On one page a headline reads: "Should the United States cut off foreign aid to Egypt?" As you turn to the next page, another headline reads: "To save Medicare, seniors ought to pay more."
Should we as a nation spend more to help other countries and require our mothers and fathers to pay more because the allotment went to foreign aid instead of helping our own families?
As I see it, dollar for dollar those other countries are not going to help us with our needs, such as Medicare.
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought: The 1 percent...
- H. David Burton: Calling on local leaders to...
- Radon, the unrecognized killer
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Iowa caucus...
- In our opinion: The lesson of international...
- Drew Clark: Why Utah's thriving technology...
- Charles Krauthammer: The 'establishment'...
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA
- My view: Get insurance out of health care 51
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from... 20
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 17
- Letter: No labels in 2016? 16
- Letter: Leave public land alone 14
- Letter: How to improve our air 12
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics... 12
- Is it time for our first woman president? 11