I was recently reading a local newspaper. On one page a headline reads: "Should the United States cut off foreign aid to Egypt?" As you turn to the next page, another headline reads: "To save Medicare, seniors ought to pay more."
Should we as a nation spend more to help other countries and require our mothers and fathers to pay more because the allotment went to foreign aid instead of helping our own families?
As I see it, dollar for dollar those other countries are not going to help us with our needs, such as Medicare.
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- My view: hippies, 2 Hell's Angels, one...
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought: The 1 percent...
- Is it time for our first woman president?
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment delusion
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms of...
- Radon, the unrecognized killer
- My view: Online purchases are not tax-free
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- In our opinion: National security and... 53
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 30
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18
- Letter: No labels in 2016? 17
- In our opinion: The lesson of... 17
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics... 13
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment... 13