I was recently reading a local newspaper. On one page a headline reads: "Should the United States cut off foreign aid to Egypt?" As you turn to the next page, another headline reads: "To save Medicare, seniors ought to pay more."
Should we as a nation spend more to help other countries and require our mothers and fathers to pay more because the allotment went to foreign aid instead of helping our own families?
As I see it, dollar for dollar those other countries are not going to help us with our needs, such as Medicare.
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the family put...
- Jay Evensen: Should Utah raise its gas tax?...
- My view: Chaffetz named ‘politician of...
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws of war
- Letter: Wood burning an easy target
- Letter: Bring the prison here
- Kathleen Parker: Placing blame for massive...
- Charles Krauthammer: Democrats use... 78
- In our opinion: Police training should... 44
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 42
- In our opinion: Wood burning ban... 37
- Robert Bennett: More political... 36
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- Paul Mero: Reasonable solution to... 30
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 28