I was recently reading a local newspaper. On one page a headline reads: "Should the United States cut off foreign aid to Egypt?" As you turn to the next page, another headline reads: "To save Medicare, seniors ought to pay more."
Should we as a nation spend more to help other countries and require our mothers and fathers to pay more because the allotment went to foreign aid instead of helping our own families?
As I see it, dollar for dollar those other countries are not going to help us with our needs, such as Medicare.
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense Secretary Leon...
- John Hoffmire: What's the next step in the...
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the campaign...
- Letter: Uninformed candidate
- In our opinion: Where has the family values...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Our frank...
- Why I stand with the Houston Five
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 136
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the... 86
- In our opinion: New conservative war on... 53
- In our opinion: Where has the family... 49
- Letter: What is ‘common good?’ 31
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 28
- Charles Krauthammer: We need to... 27
- In our opinion: School reformers should... 25