I was recently reading a local newspaper. On one page a headline reads: "Should the United States cut off foreign aid to Egypt?" As you turn to the next page, another headline reads: "To save Medicare, seniors ought to pay more."
Should we as a nation spend more to help other countries and require our mothers and fathers to pay more because the allotment went to foreign aid instead of helping our own families?
As I see it, dollar for dollar those other countries are not going to help us with our needs, such as Medicare.
- In our opinion: Optimism in politics would be...
- Letter: BSA lacks a compass
- Kathleen Parker: Planned Parenthood relying...
- In our opinion: NASA's New Horizons opens up...
- Drew Clark: Utah prison volunteers provide a...
- Letter: Erratic protests
- About Utah: He never yelled, but he sure did...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Identifying...
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 68
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 47
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 27
- In our opinion: After change to state... 25
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA... 25
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to... 23
- Letter: Proper priority 23
- Letter: Voting like a liberal 22