I was recently reading a local newspaper. On one page a headline reads: "Should the United States cut off foreign aid to Egypt?" As you turn to the next page, another headline reads: "To save Medicare, seniors ought to pay more."
Should we as a nation spend more to help other countries and require our mothers and fathers to pay more because the allotment went to foreign aid instead of helping our own families?
As I see it, dollar for dollar those other countries are not going to help us with our needs, such as Medicare.
- In our opinion: Supreme Court ruling for...
- My view: Move the prison for the sake of...
- Dan Liljenquist: Time to relegate the...
- In our opinion: Declaration of Independence...
- Jay Evensen: Don't let an apocalypse-free...
- My view: Everything you think you know about...
- Letter: Shredded Constitution
- Letter: Patriotism has not died
- Letter: Shredded Constitution 95
- Letter: Disregarding liberty, laws 51
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 40
- Letter: Trump’s chances 35
- Robert J. Samuelson: Are policies... 31
- Richard Davis: Time to fix Obamacare... 29
- Dan Liljenquist: Time to relegate the... 26
- Neil Flinders: Keeping track of school... 21