I was recently reading a local newspaper. On one page a headline reads: "Should the United States cut off foreign aid to Egypt?" As you turn to the next page, another headline reads: "To save Medicare, seniors ought to pay more."
Should we as a nation spend more to help other countries and require our mothers and fathers to pay more because the allotment went to foreign aid instead of helping our own families?
As I see it, dollar for dollar those other countries are not going to help us with our needs, such as Medicare.
- Lois M. Collins: 'She asked for it' subverts...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Taking a leap of...
- Who was the most narcissistic president?
- Classical liberalism offers sole durable...
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test?
- In our opinion: Are we too pessimistic about...
- My view: 'Single issue' voters should...
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive...
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive... 48
- Lois M. Collins: 'She asked for it'... 39
- In our opinion: Don't 'Army-ize' local... 31
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test? 28
- Classical liberalism offers sole... 28
- In our opinion: How committed are... 27
- Who was the most narcissistic president? 26
- In our opinion: Are we too pessimistic... 25