I was recently reading a local newspaper. On one page a headline reads: "Should the United States cut off foreign aid to Egypt?" As you turn to the next page, another headline reads: "To save Medicare, seniors ought to pay more."
Should we as a nation spend more to help other countries and require our mothers and fathers to pay more because the allotment went to foreign aid instead of helping our own families?
As I see it, dollar for dollar those other countries are not going to help us with our needs, such as Medicare.
- Jay Evensen: U.S. should put religious...
- Letter: America needs change
- George Chapman: A 24-hour city deserves a...
- Letter: SNAP for children
- In our opinion: Legislative subsidy for USU...
- In our opinion: Giving president 'fast-track'...
- Letter: Move out of last place
- Kenlee Hess: Immigrants improve American economy
- In our opinion: Anti-Semitism at home... 68
- Letter: America needs change 60
- In our opinion: Senate Democrats'... 47
- Letter: Policy comparisons 46
- John Hoffmire: Is the goal equality? 44
- Richard Davis: Demos shouldn't decide... 32
- Letter: Move out of last place 31
- Jay Evensen: U.S. should put religious... 26