I was recently reading a local newspaper. On one page a headline reads: "Should the United States cut off foreign aid to Egypt?" As you turn to the next page, another headline reads: "To save Medicare, seniors ought to pay more."
Should we as a nation spend more to help other countries and require our mothers and fathers to pay more because the allotment went to foreign aid instead of helping our own families?
As I see it, dollar for dollar those other countries are not going to help us with our needs, such as Medicare.
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still separate...
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging
- Richard Davis: Don't turn A.G. into an...
- About Utah: His business is fun, games and...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Economics lacks the...
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be contained
- Robert Bennett: 'Nuclear option' ends...
- In our opinion: Letting Afghanistan revert to...
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still... 40
- Robert J. Samuelson: Economics lacks... 39
- Charles Krauthammer: The real problem... 37
- Letter: Preventative care 29
- Robert Bennett: 'Nuclear option' ends... 27
- Letter: Insurance website 21
- Letter: Buying politicians 20
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging 20