Millcreek Canyon is so beautiful and such an asset to Salt Lake County. Even though one must pay to drive up and see this natural resource, it is a joy to behold. However, half way up, the road is so narrow that two cars cannot pass each other.
Could the money collected be used to widen the road on the upper half of the canyon just a little? I know many residents don't want a lot of traffic, but collecting fees should cut that down somewhat. At this time it is dangerous to go very far up as one has to almost back down when facing another car.
I think it is sad to deny this natural wonder to the county's residents.
- Jay Evensen: Utah's election is clear as mud
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter moment:...
- A. Scott Anderson: Sen. Bennett: Selfless...
- Michael Gerson: Conservatives' deal with the...
- Dan Liljenquist: Collective neurosis in...
- In our opinion: Not all economic inequality...
- My view: A de-sexed society is a de-humanized...
- Letter: Luxury homes in mountains
- My view: A de-sexed society is a... 73
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter... 48
- Orrin Hatch: My meeting with Supreme... 45
- In our opinion: Not all economic... 20
- Letter: Trump's delegate count 20
- My view: Character still matters in... 16
- Letter: Luxury homes in mountains 11
- My view: The one thing that could solve... 11