Millcreek Canyon is so beautiful and such an asset to Salt Lake County. Even though one must pay to drive up and see this natural resource, it is a joy to behold. However, half way up, the road is so narrow that two cars cannot pass each other.
Could the money collected be used to widen the road on the upper half of the canyon just a little? I know many residents don't want a lot of traffic, but collecting fees should cut that down somewhat. At this time it is dangerous to go very far up as one has to almost back down when facing another car.
I think it is sad to deny this natural wonder to the county's residents.
- In our opinion: U.S. needs immigration...
- Letter: Acting on immigration
- How America feels about Mitt Romney right now
- My view: Remembering JFK 51 years later
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Hospitality...
- In our opinion: Thankfully speaking —...
- Greg Bell: It's time to raise the gas tax
- In our opinion: 70 mph — driving at the...
- In our opinion: U.S. needs immigration... 66
- Dan Liljenquist: Obamacare was a rude... 61
- Letter: Growing party divide 53
- Michael Gerson: Obama’s executive... 45
- How America feels about Mitt Romney... 40
- In our opinion: When it comes to... 40
- Letter: Acting on immigration 39
- My view: Global warming needs free market 26