Millcreek Canyon is so beautiful and such an asset to Salt Lake County. Even though one must pay to drive up and see this natural resource, it is a joy to behold. However, half way up, the road is so narrow that two cars cannot pass each other.
Could the money collected be used to widen the road on the upper half of the canyon just a little? I know many residents don't want a lot of traffic, but collecting fees should cut that down somewhat. At this time it is dangerous to go very far up as one has to almost back down when facing another car.
I think it is sad to deny this natural wonder to the county's residents.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Doug Robinson: We are in the midst of an era...
- Michael Gerson: The gospel according to JC...
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it
- Matthew Sanders: Nelson Mandela's goodness...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Government programs...
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- President should not act without...
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 63
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 59
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 43
- Letter: Doctors unite 40
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 36
- Michael E. Kraft: Yes, Congress should... 22
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP? 19
- Letter: Foreign aid 18