1. Jordan (7-1)
Was: 1. Last week: Beat Brighton, 42-14. Outlook: Got off to another slow start against Brighton, a trend that Jordan probably wants to avoid in the playoffs. Next up: at West Jordan, Wednesday.
2. East (8-0)
Was: 2. Last week: Beat Highland, 34-13. Outlook: No doubt one of the best teams in the state, but it might not get a chance to prove it in the playoffs. Next up: at Logan, Thursday.
3. Syracuse (9-0)
Was: 3. Last week: Beat Weber, 31-7. Outlook: Wrapped up a perfect regular season last weekend and now will turn attention to trying to win a 5A state title. Next up: vs. TBD, 5A Playoffs, Oct. 26.
4. Timpview (8-1)
Was: 4. Last week: Beat Springville, 48-20. Outlook: Nobody has been able to slow T-Bird offense all year, a big reason the T-Birds will be a favorite in the 4A playoffs. Next up: at Provo, Wednesday.
5. Alta (7-2)
Was: 5. Last week: Beat West Jordan, 42-0. Outlook: The defense will get a good test in regular-season finale against an improving Cottonwood team. Next up: at Cottonwood, Wednesday.
6. Northridge (8-1)
Was: 6. Last week: Beat Davis, 22-20. Outlook: With No. 2 seed for the playoffs locked up, the Knights host Mountain Crest in an intriguing nonregion game this week. Next up: vs. Mountain Crest, Wednesday.
7. Mountain Crest (7-2)
Was: 7. Last week: Beat Roy, 38-6. Outlook: The surprising Region 5 champs are riding a six-game winning streak into clash with Northridge. Next up: at Northridge, Wednesday.
8. Bingham (7-2)
Was: 8. Last week: Beat Lehi, 49-0. Outlook: Coming off back-to-back shutouts, the Miners need one more victory to secure a share of the Region 4 title. Next up: at Pleasant Grove, Wednesday.
9. Logan (7-2)
Was: 9. Last week: Beat Box Elder, 28-10. Outlook: Heading into regular season finale with East, QB Luke Falk needs 23 pass attempts to surpass single-season state record of 490. Next up: vs. East, Thursday.
10. Juan Diego (9-0)
Was: 11. Last week: Beat Park City, 58-0. Outlook: Forgive the Soaring Eagle if they're bored with Region 10 play, they won their combined league games by a score of 196-10. Next up: vs. Judge Memorial, Thursday.
11. Lone Peak (6-3)
Was: 13. Last week: Beat Riverton, 17-13. Outlook: Bounced back nicely from Pleasant Grove loss with a critical victory over Riverton, and needs one more win to claim share of Region 4 title. Next up: at Lehi, Friday.
12. Herriman (7-2)
- Dick Harmon: BYU's unexpected NCAA qualifier...
- Guest commentary: Should the Jazz trade their...
- Morning links: Haws, Wright workout for NBA...
- His legacy at BYU secure, Tyler Haws...
- Syracuse sophomore Hunter Woodhall chases...
- Gallery of champions: All 94 state...
- How to get a ballpark-like lawn (+video)
- Living the dream: Controlled hoarding for a...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 120
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games... 66
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 50
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team... 32
- Brad Rock: Tackle football for girls... 24
- Morning links: Haws, Wright workout for... 21
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 14
- Guest commentary: Should the Jazz trade... 10