1. Jordan (7-1)
Was: 1. Last week: Beat Brighton, 42-14. Outlook: Got off to another slow start against Brighton, a trend that Jordan probably wants to avoid in the playoffs. Next up: at West Jordan, Wednesday.
2. East (8-0)
Was: 2. Last week: Beat Highland, 34-13. Outlook: No doubt one of the best teams in the state, but it might not get a chance to prove it in the playoffs. Next up: at Logan, Thursday.
3. Syracuse (9-0)
Was: 3. Last week: Beat Weber, 31-7. Outlook: Wrapped up a perfect regular season last weekend and now will turn attention to trying to win a 5A state title. Next up: vs. TBD, 5A Playoffs, Oct. 26.
4. Timpview (8-1)
Was: 4. Last week: Beat Springville, 48-20. Outlook: Nobody has been able to slow T-Bird offense all year, a big reason the T-Birds will be a favorite in the 4A playoffs. Next up: at Provo, Wednesday.
5. Alta (7-2)
Was: 5. Last week: Beat West Jordan, 42-0. Outlook: The defense will get a good test in regular-season finale against an improving Cottonwood team. Next up: at Cottonwood, Wednesday.
6. Northridge (8-1)
Was: 6. Last week: Beat Davis, 22-20. Outlook: With No. 2 seed for the playoffs locked up, the Knights host Mountain Crest in an intriguing nonregion game this week. Next up: vs. Mountain Crest, Wednesday.
7. Mountain Crest (7-2)
Was: 7. Last week: Beat Roy, 38-6. Outlook: The surprising Region 5 champs are riding a six-game winning streak into clash with Northridge. Next up: at Northridge, Wednesday.
8. Bingham (7-2)
Was: 8. Last week: Beat Lehi, 49-0. Outlook: Coming off back-to-back shutouts, the Miners need one more victory to secure a share of the Region 4 title. Next up: at Pleasant Grove, Wednesday.
9. Logan (7-2)
Was: 9. Last week: Beat Box Elder, 28-10. Outlook: Heading into regular season finale with East, QB Luke Falk needs 23 pass attempts to surpass single-season state record of 490. Next up: vs. East, Thursday.
10. Juan Diego (9-0)
Was: 11. Last week: Beat Park City, 58-0. Outlook: Forgive the Soaring Eagle if they're bored with Region 10 play, they won their combined league games by a score of 196-10. Next up: vs. Judge Memorial, Thursday.
11. Lone Peak (6-3)
Was: 13. Last week: Beat Riverton, 17-13. Outlook: Bounced back nicely from Pleasant Grove loss with a critical victory over Riverton, and needs one more win to claim share of Region 4 title. Next up: at Lehi, Friday.
12. Herriman (7-2)
- Dick Harmon: Christian Stewart's season of...
- Cougars fall short again in 87-85 loss to...
- Ezekiel Ansah unveils his Turkey Dance...
- BYU football: After initial struggles,...
- Utah State's Kevin Whimpey is an athlete,...
- Red and Blue Recruits: BYU's new commit gets...
- Purdue's pair of 7-footers draw plenty of...
- Doug Robinson: The one position the Utes...
- Utes drop out of national rankings... 94
- Haws, Collinsworth shine, but SDSU... 66
- Branden Bowen breaks Utah commitment,... 48
- Utah football: Utes' annual game with... 47
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall wants... 38
- Utes on the verge of a winning Pac-12... 30
- BYU looking for strong finish in... 29
- Cougars fall short again in 87-85 loss... 27