David Wilson returned the second-half kickoff 66 yards to set up Bradshaw's 1-yard TD run. That extended New York's lead to 17-3 and quieted the Candlestick crowd — except for the Giants fans that sprinkled the stands blue on a sun-splashed day along the bay.
On San Francisco's next two possessions, Rolle intercepted Smith's passes to foil any 49ers rally.
The first came on an overthrown pass intended for Manningham that Rolle returned 20 yards to the San Francisco 12. On the second, he stepped in front of a pass to Williams and ran 22 yards to the San Francisco 5.
"I could tell, at times, we had him a little rattled," Rolle said.
"It's tough to speak about any other facet," Smith said. "We made it tough on the defense."
The Giants sacked Smith six times and had him under constant pressure, made worse when left tackle Joe Staley left with a concussion in the third quarter. Smith finished 19 of 30 for 200 yards, and the 49ers were held to 80 yards rushing.
NOTES: It was the seventh time in Smith's career the 2005 No. 1 overall pick threw three interceptions and first since a 27-13 loss at Philadelphia on Dec. 20, 2009. ... 49ers RB Brandon Jacobs, who was inactive again, was in the Giants locker room handing out hugs and handshakes after the game to his former teammates. He has not played since injuring his left knee in the preseason. ... The last time San Francisco allowed a 100-yard rusher at home was Tennessee's Chris Johnson, who ran for 135 yards on Nov. 8, 2009.
Antonio Gonzalez can be reached at: www.twitter.com/agonzalezAP
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Midseason recap and awards for BYU and Utah
- Booker-ing ram and broken dreams: Midseason...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU preparing...
- Report: Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman to...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 32
- Peavler: Penalties out of control at BYU 28
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 27
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 26