David Wilson returned the second-half kickoff 66 yards to set up Bradshaw's 1-yard TD run. That extended New York's lead to 17-3 and quieted the Candlestick crowd — except for the Giants fans that sprinkled the stands blue on a sun-splashed day along the bay.
On San Francisco's next two possessions, Rolle intercepted Smith's passes to foil any 49ers rally.
The first came on an overthrown pass intended for Manningham that Rolle returned 20 yards to the San Francisco 12. On the second, he stepped in front of a pass to Williams and ran 22 yards to the San Francisco 5.
"I could tell, at times, we had him a little rattled," Rolle said.
"It's tough to speak about any other facet," Smith said. "We made it tough on the defense."
The Giants sacked Smith six times and had him under constant pressure, made worse when left tackle Joe Staley left with a concussion in the third quarter. Smith finished 19 of 30 for 200 yards, and the 49ers were held to 80 yards rushing.
NOTES: It was the seventh time in Smith's career the 2005 No. 1 overall pick threw three interceptions and first since a 27-13 loss at Philadelphia on Dec. 20, 2009. ... 49ers RB Brandon Jacobs, who was inactive again, was in the Giants locker room handing out hugs and handshakes after the game to his former teammates. He has not played since injuring his left knee in the preseason. ... The last time San Francisco allowed a 100-yard rusher at home was Tennessee's Chris Johnson, who ran for 135 yards on Nov. 8, 2009.
Antonio Gonzalez can be reached at: www.twitter.com/agonzalezAP
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora of...
- Prep football: Kafentzis, 'Diggers dig out of...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 51
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48