Alex Gallardo, Associated Press
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Monday:
1. ARLEN SPECTER WAS NO STRANGER TO CONTROVERSY
Pennsylvania's moderate senator changed parties twice, stood up to party leadership and developed the single-bullet theory in the JFK assassination.
2. WHAT IT'S LIKE TO TRAVEL FASTER THAN SOUND
Record-breaking skydiver Felix Baumgartner says it's "hard to describe because you don't feel it" after his 833.9 mph jump from 24 miles above Earth.
3. 65 YEARS LATER CHUCK YEAGER RE-ENACTS HIS OWN FEAT
The 89-year-old retired pilot marks the day he broke the sound barrier with a boom - a sonic boom - from the backseat of an F-15 Eagle.
4. JUDGE MIGHT NOT ALLOW TORTURE TESTIMONY IN GUANTANAMO HEARINGS
The order affects the trial of Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the self-professed mastermind of the Sept. 11 attacks, as pretrial hearings start Monday morning.
5. THOUSANDS OF PAKISTANIS RALLY FOR GIRL SHOT BY TALIBAN
The protest gives hope to some that the Pakistan government will intensify its fight against the Taliban.
6. WHERE ENDEAVOR WILL SPEND ITS RETIREMENT
After a 17-hour crawl through Los Angeles, the shuttle reaches its home at the California Science Museum, prompting a staffer to exclaim "It's like Christmas!"
7. SEARCH ON HOLD FOR SLAIN N.H. STUDENT
Seth Mazzaglia faces second-degree murder charges Monday, while authorities have yet to find the body of the 19-year-old woman he is accused of killing.
8. NETANYAHU FACES RE-ELECTION OBSTACLES
The possible unification of leftist parties and an emerging centrist party are wild cards the Israeli prime minister may have to deal with.
9. CAMBODIA'S FORMER KING DIES
Norodom Sihanouk was a feudal-style monarch beloved by his people, but he led them through a half-century of war, genocide and upheaval
10. RAVEN RUNS INTO THE RECORD BOOKS
A 108-yard kickoff return by Jacoby Jones ties the NFL mark as Baltimore edges Dallas 31-29.
- 11 best—and worst—state tax systems
- Scotland votes to remain part of United Kingdom
- Review: Larger iPhones eliminate reason to...
- 'Gotham' actor's Penguin inspired by DC Comics
- Chiefs' Reid dedicated to domestic abuse victims
- Trial opens for Detroit officer who killed...
- Home Depot breach affected 56M debit, credit...
- Vote counting begins in Scotland on independence
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 27
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 20
- President Obama: Ebola outbreak a... 15
- Chicago, NY, Hawaii on Obama library's... 12
- School police stock up on free military... 11
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- US won't rule out working with Iran... 7
- Gamers use police hoax to lash out at... 6