Deseret News archives
I just saw Jim Matheson's latest ad, and it makes me furious. He quotes Mia Love as wanting to get rid of the Department of Education but says this will get rid of student loans.
This is blatantly false. Student loans existed before the department was created and will continue to exist whether it continues or not. Many politicians have long wanted to get rid of this department, and I agree with them. It's an unneeded extra layer of bureaucracy. Matheson has fully crossed the line of truthfulness here.
- Richard Davis: Latter-day Saints should... 190
- My view: Marriage and social justice go... 98
- Greg Bell: Defenders of religious... 86
- In our opinion: Religious freedom... 52
- In our opinion: It's time to scrutinize... 50
- Letter: Gun control 50
- Letter: Obama fans? 43
- Faith, family and freedom join to... 25