Deseret News archives
I just saw Jim Matheson's latest ad, and it makes me furious. He quotes Mia Love as wanting to get rid of the Department of Education but says this will get rid of student loans.
This is blatantly false. Student loans existed before the department was created and will continue to exist whether it continues or not. Many politicians have long wanted to get rid of this department, and I agree with them. It's an unneeded extra layer of bureaucracy. Matheson has fully crossed the line of truthfulness here.
- 20 of the most influential and innovative...
- Lois M. Collins: School start times are...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Do Democrats do it...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Same-sex...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Lessons learned from...
- Letter: Police brutality
- In our opinion: UTA to reconnect?
- Doug Robinson: When did Missouri turn into...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb:... 76
- Letter: Police brutality 58
- Whitt Flora: It's time to put U.S.... 35
- A. Scott Anderson: The world needs... 26
- Robert J. Samuelson: Do Democrats do it... 24
- Join the discussion: Is Rick Perry's... 23
- In our opinion: To be vigilant,... 23
- Letter: Parking questions 22