Deseret News archives
I just saw Jim Matheson's latest ad, and it makes me furious. He quotes Mia Love as wanting to get rid of the Department of Education but says this will get rid of student loans.
This is blatantly false. Student loans existed before the department was created and will continue to exist whether it continues or not. Many politicians have long wanted to get rid of this department, and I agree with them. It's an unneeded extra layer of bureaucracy. Matheson has fully crossed the line of truthfulness here.
- My view: hippies, 2 Hell's Angels, one...
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought: The 1 percent...
- Is it time for our first woman president?
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment delusion
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms of...
- Radon, the unrecognized killer
- My view: Online purchases are not tax-free
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- In our opinion: National security and... 31
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 23
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18
- Letter: No labels in 2016? 17
- In our opinion: The lesson of... 16
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics... 13
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment... 12