Deseret News archives
I just saw Jim Matheson's latest ad, and it makes me furious. He quotes Mia Love as wanting to get rid of the Department of Education but says this will get rid of student loans.
This is blatantly false. Student loans existed before the department was created and will continue to exist whether it continues or not. Many politicians have long wanted to get rid of this department, and I agree with them. It's an unneeded extra layer of bureaucracy. Matheson has fully crossed the line of truthfulness here.
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America and...
- My view: History lesson — 'Taking back'...
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to Hitler?
- Letter: A 'dying' document
- John Florez: Education — Big government...
- Who are the real heroes of election reform?
- Letter: Religious freedom
- In our opinion: With caucus compromise, Utah...
- Letter: Minimum Wage insufficient 67
- Has Obama's foreign policy emboldened... 62
- Jay Evensen: Obama could use a dose of... 60
- Letter: Religious freedom 53
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America... 31
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with... 30
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to... 29
- Michael Gerson: The GOP needs to... 22