Deseret News archives
I just saw Jim Matheson's latest ad, and it makes me furious. He quotes Mia Love as wanting to get rid of the Department of Education but says this will get rid of student loans.
This is blatantly false. Student loans existed before the department was created and will continue to exist whether it continues or not. Many politicians have long wanted to get rid of this department, and I agree with them. It's an unneeded extra layer of bureaucracy. Matheson has fully crossed the line of truthfulness here.
- Robert J. Samuelson: The Olympic sinkhole
- In our opinion: Finding – not forcing...
- Drew Clark: Will 2016 be the breakout year...
- My view: The supergentrification of Sugar House
- Michael Gerson: The Dalai Lama's path to peace
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: The 'bathroom...
- My view: Patriotic Millionaires urges Hatch...
- Charles Krauthammer: Donald, Hillary and the...
- In our opinion: Finding – not... 81
- Letter: Nothing is 'free' 53
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the... 34
- Those intolerable TSA security lines 22
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, politics... 22
- In our opinion: A social media enabled... 20
- On Second Thought: A lighthearted look... 19
- Letter: Citizens have a duty 19