Weber State football: Sacramento State Hornets sting winless Wildcats, 19-14
SACRAMENTO, Calif. — Garrett Safron's 25-yard touchdown pass to T.J. Knowles with 7:12 to go in the fourth quarter Saturday night sealed the deal for Sacramento State, giving the Hornets a 19-14 victory over visiting Weber State.
The pass by Safron was his second of the night, putting Sacramento State (5-2, 3-1 Big Sky) up 19-7.
Mike Hoke quickly answered for Weber State (0-7, 0-4) with a 17-yard touchdown pass to Erik Walker with 3:59 to go in the game, making it 19-14, but it was too little, too late. Sacramento State got the ball back and kept possession the rest of the way, with Safron taking a knee three straight times to run out the clock.
Safron was 21-of-26 for 182 yards and two touchdowns.
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Utah Jazz: Future of Trevor Booker, Joe...
- BYU volleyball: Cougars upset No. 1 Hawai'i...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- What are the chances? Breaking down NBA...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Utah football: Dres Anderson shines in... 58
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 25
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Video: Utah football coaches revved up... 16