Utah State football: Aggies come away with big win over San Jose State in WAC opener, 49-27
Keeton was 26-of-35 passing for 273 yards with three touchdowns and no interceptions, and those 26 completions are a career-high. For Keeton, it was his eighth career 200-yard passing game and the third time he has thrown at least three touchdown passes in his career. Keeton also had 47 yards rushing on six carries including his 28 yard touchdown run, his first of the season.
Austin had a team-high six catches for 93 yards, including his fourth touchdown reception of the season and 10th of his career. In all, 10 Aggies caught passes in the contest.
For the game, Utah State had 485 yards of total offense (273 passing, 212 rushing) and averaged 8.2 yards per play, despite possessing the ball for just 21:36 and running just 59 offensive plays.
Fales was 38-of-50 passing for 467 yards with three touchdowns to lead San Jose State as the Spartans finished with 471 yards of total offense (467 passing, 4 rushing). The Spartans ran 92 plays in the game (32 more than USU) had controlled the ball for 38:24.
Along with its school-record 13 sacks, Utah State also limited San Jose State to 4 net yards rushing to rank tied for the 14th-fewest rushing yards in a game in school history.
Along with his career-high two sacks, Fackrell also tied his career-high with 11 tackles (7 solo) to go along with a forced fumble and fumble recovery.. Senior safety McKade Brady added 10 tackles (6-solo) for his fourth double-digit tackle outing of the season and the seventh of his career. Vigil also tied his career-high in tackles for the fourth time this season with 10.
Utah State returns to action on Saturday, Oct. 20, when it hosts WAC foe New Mexico State (1-5, 0-2) at 1 p.m. The game will be televised regionally on KMYU TV.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Utah football: Quarterback Kendal Thompson...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 112
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 36
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 29
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans... 19