Wade Payne, Associated Press
NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Quarterback Jeff Driskel ran for 177 yards and three touchdowns, and fourth-ranked Florida beat Vanderbilt 31-17 Saturday night to remain undefeated going into the Gators' big showdown with No. 3 South Carolina.
The Gators (6-0, 5-0 SEC) finished off their last SEC road trip outside of the state of Florida with their 22nd straight win over Vanderbilt. Florida, which rallied in the second half to beat Texas A&M, Tennessee and LSU already this season, took control early this time. The Gators scored 21 straight points, including 11 in the second quarter where they took the lead for good.
Vanderbilt (2-4, 1-3) now has lost 47 straight against Top Five teams.
Driskel ran only 11 times. But the sophomore set the Florida record for yards rushing by a quarterback, topping Tim Tebow's 166 yards against Mississippi in 2007 on 27 carries.
- Source: Kyle Whittingham not being forced out...
- Amy Donaldson: South Jordan mom eyes Boston...
- Brad Rock: Silence is the wrong approach for...
- Meet the 21 Utah ties on the NFL playoff rosters
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act together
- Bingham nearly topples undefeated Florida...
- BYU seeks first conference victory when...
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look at...
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 75
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 63
- Source: Kyle Whittingham not being... 45
- Hill, Whittingham meet after football... 41
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act... 39
- Brad Rock: Silence is the wrong... 23
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look... 22
- Dick Harmon: BYU starters lose 3-point... 15