Phil Sears, Associated Press
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — EJ Manuel threw for a career-high 439 yards and four touchdowns and kicker Dustin Hopkins became the Atlantic Coast Conference's career scoring leader Saturday as 12th-ranked Florida State rebounded from its first loss of the season with a 51-7 victory over Boston College.
Manuel completed 27 of 34 passes before leaving early in the fourth quarter with a 48-7 lead.
Florida State (6-1, 3-1 ACC) didn't waste any time shaking off over last week's 17-16 loss at North Carolina State, rolling to a 28-0 lead midway through the second quarter before Boston College (1-5, 0-3) scored its touchdown on Chase Rettig's 18-yard pass to Bobby Swigert.
Hopkins passed the previous league scoring record of 393 points with a 51-yard field goal that gave the Seminoles a 31-7 halftime lead.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 123
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 34
- Morning links: Utah running back's goal... 25
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21