Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
No. 10 Oregon St. (4-0) at BYU (4-2)
Today, 1:30 p.m. LaVell Edwards Stadium
Grass Surface Provo, Utah
TV: ABC Radio: 1160AM, 102.7 FM
For Oregon State ... The undefeated Beavers are looking to preserve their perfect record and their top 10 ranking before heading back into Pac-12 play next week. It's the first time OSU has been in the top 10 since 2001.
For BYU ... The Cougars, who are celebrating homecoming, have the chance to knock off a top 10 team at home for the first time since 1990.
For Oregon State ... The Beavers defeated BYU, 10-7, in their last visit to Provo, in 1986, but have lost two in a row to the Cougars.
For BYU ... The Cougars have won 10 consecutive home games, dating back to last season.
Player to watch
Riley Nelson, BYU: Having been sidelined for two weeks with a back injury, is Nelson healthy enough to lead the Cougar offense?
BYU secondary vs. Oregon State QB Cody Vaz: Vaz, who hasn't taken a snap in a game since 2010, is making his first start. BYU is No. 1 in the nation in rushing defense, so the Beavers could look to throw the ball plenty. Vaz has a couple of outstanding receivers at his disposal, but will he be able to deliver the ball to them?
Oregon St.: Quarterback Sean Mannion is out indefinitely with a left knee injury.
BYU: Quarterback Taysom Hill is out for the season with a left knee injury.
Oregon State hosts Utah while BYU visits Notre Dame (1:30 p.m., MT, NBC).
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- Saturday morning quarterback: 3 stars and...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 55
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 54
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48