Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
No. 10 Oregon St. (4-0) at BYU (4-2)
Today, 1:30 p.m. LaVell Edwards Stadium
Grass Surface Provo, Utah
TV: ABC Radio: 1160AM, 102.7 FM
For Oregon State ... The undefeated Beavers are looking to preserve their perfect record and their top 10 ranking before heading back into Pac-12 play next week. It's the first time OSU has been in the top 10 since 2001.
For BYU ... The Cougars, who are celebrating homecoming, have the chance to knock off a top 10 team at home for the first time since 1990.
For Oregon State ... The Beavers defeated BYU, 10-7, in their last visit to Provo, in 1986, but have lost two in a row to the Cougars.
For BYU ... The Cougars have won 10 consecutive home games, dating back to last season.
Player to watch
Riley Nelson, BYU: Having been sidelined for two weeks with a back injury, is Nelson healthy enough to lead the Cougar offense?
BYU secondary vs. Oregon State QB Cody Vaz: Vaz, who hasn't taken a snap in a game since 2010, is making his first start. BYU is No. 1 in the nation in rushing defense, so the Beavers could look to throw the ball plenty. Vaz has a couple of outstanding receivers at his disposal, but will he be able to deliver the ball to them?
Oregon St.: Quarterback Sean Mannion is out indefinitely with a left knee injury.
BYU: Quarterback Taysom Hill is out for the season with a left knee injury.
Oregon State hosts Utah while BYU visits Notre Dame (1:30 p.m., MT, NBC).
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 73
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 61
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34