Letter: Matheson's bipartisan work helps improve overall quality of life for Utahns
Ravell Call, Deseret News
I've noticed a lack of letters supporting Rep. Jim Matheson. I would like to point out Matheson's support for education, especially Pell Grants and keeping student aid affordable.
Here in Utah, 75 percent of our college students depend on these types of aid in order to complete their education. I, for one, required a federal grant to complete my master's degree in nursing. Spending on education is always an investment in the future, reducing unemployment and fostering self-reliance.
Additionally, Matheson's support for transportation has brought significant federal investment into Utah's highway system, including the long overdue reconstruction of I-15 in Utah County and also the development and operation of TRAX and FrontRunner. These were a direct result of bipartisan work between Matheson, former Sen. Bob Bennett and local planners — including UDOT. These types of investments improve overall quality of life for all Utahns and our guests.
- Letter: Climate change is unjustified rhetoric
- Letter: We can do better
- John Florez: Teach our children the love of...
- In our opinion: Navajo Nation looks to combat...
- David Butterfield: Utah boxing legends...
- In our opinion: Recent drowning of 800...
- Jay Evensen: U.S. silence troubling amid...
- My view: Problems with Rep. Mike Noel’s...
- Richard Davis: A historic moment for... 60
- Jay Evensen: U.S. silence troubling... 59
- Letter: Climate change is unjustified... 31
- A. Scott Anderson: Overregulation hurts... 25
- Letter: We can do better 25
- Letter: Pledge for respect 24
- In our opinion: Recent drowning of 800... 21
- Letter: Make healthy choices 13