Brian Nicholson, Deseret News
Between 1952 and 1995, suicide rates in young adults tripled. Suicide is a serious problem that not many people take seriously. In ages 15-24, it's the third leading cause of death.
The suicide rate is still increasing because no one recognizes the warning signs. Suicide is no joke. People need to face the seriousness of this problem. Almost everyone who has committed or attempted suicide has given some clue or warning beforehand.
Please do not ignore these signs, even if it seems like they are joking, they could be completely serious. Some warnings include — but are not limited to — talking about feelings of hopelessness, feeling like a burden to others, thinking they have no reason to live, extreme mood swings and so many more.
Everyone deserves to live. Most suicidal people don't want to die. They just want the pain to go away. If you or a loved one is suffering from suicidal thoughts or actions, please seek help. You deserve a chance to live. In an emergency call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255 or visit www.save.org for more information. Please. Help save yourself or someone you love.
- Letter: Shredded Constitution 95
- Letter: Disregarding liberty, laws 51
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 38
- Letter: Trump’s chances 35
- Robert J. Samuelson: Are policies... 31
- Richard Davis: Time to fix Obamacare... 26
- Dan Liljenquist: Time to relegate the... 24
- Neil Flinders: Keeping track of school... 21