Tom Hevezi, Associated Press
LONDON — Spain, Germany and England recorded big victories on Friday as Europe's top teams found their scoring form in World Cup qualifying.
Pedro Rodriguez scored a hat trick in Spain's 4-0 win at Belarus and Marco Reus and Toni Kroos grabbed braces as Germany thrashed Ireland 6-1, also away from home.
England's 5-0 win over a San Marino team that is joint bottom of the FIFA rankings was routine, with Wayne Rooney scoring twice in his first competitive international as captain, while Italy beat Armenia 3-1 away and the Netherlands was a comfortable 3-0 winner over Andorra.
However, Euro 2012 semifinalist Portugal, led by Cristiano Ronaldo, couldn't make the most of its dominance against Russia and lost 1-0 in a match between the top two teams in Group F.
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- Utah football: Quarterback Kendal Thompson...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 107
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 32
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 21
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20