SANTA ANA, Calif. — Police on Friday said they investigated allegations of child neglect at the former home of Nadya Suleman, who has been in the media spotlight since giving birth to octuplets after she already had six children
A caregiver reported the claims last month, La Habra police said in a statement. Authorities and social services previously investigated some of the allegations, police said.
Suleman lived in the home in Orange County with the octuplets and her six other children.
La Habra police would not release other details, and said they have turned over their findings to the Orange County District Attorney's office and Orange County's Social Services Agency.
The district attorney's office in Santa Ana did not immediately return a call for comment. A social services spokeswoman said the agency can't confirm or deny an investigation.
Suleman's manager, Gina Rodriguez, said the claims are not true and come from a woman who became obsessed with the children.
Suleman moved from La Habra to the Los Angeles County city of Palmdale two weeks ago in part to avoid this woman, Rodriguez said.
Rodriguez said the woman befriended Suleman shortly after the children were born in 2009 and eventually began stalking Suleman and sending her threatening text messages, demanding to see the children.
"None of the allegations are true," Rodriguez said in an email. "This is a woman who became obsessed with the children and contacted me to help her write a book."
- Allow student loan bankruptcies, but hold...
- Police, protesters collide again in Ferguson
- Texas Gov. Perry assembles high-powered legal...
- 'Don't know' if Missouri teen shot with hands up
- The Los Angeles Unified School District ducks...
- Want to increase attraction in your...
- Car crash in Argentina kills 3 relatives of pope
- Measuring the impact of a MOOC course can be...
- Texas Gov. Perry says indictment is... 22
- 'Don't know' if Missouri teen shot with... 22
- Obama heading back to DC in rare... 20
- Texas' Perry indicted for coercion for... 19
- Police identify Missouri officer who... 16
- Police, protesters collide again in... 15
- Allow student loan bankruptcies, but... 14
- Emerging solar plants scorch birds in... 13