SANTA ANA, Calif. — Police on Friday said they investigated allegations of child neglect at the former home of Nadya Suleman, who has been in the media spotlight since giving birth to octuplets after she already had six children
A caregiver reported the claims last month, La Habra police said in a statement. Authorities and social services previously investigated some of the allegations, police said.
Suleman lived in the home in Orange County with the octuplets and her six other children.
La Habra police would not release other details, and said they have turned over their findings to the Orange County District Attorney's office and Orange County's Social Services Agency.
The district attorney's office in Santa Ana did not immediately return a call for comment. A social services spokeswoman said the agency can't confirm or deny an investigation.
Suleman's manager, Gina Rodriguez, said the claims are not true and come from a woman who became obsessed with the children.
Suleman moved from La Habra to the Los Angeles County city of Palmdale two weeks ago in part to avoid this woman, Rodriguez said.
Rodriguez said the woman befriended Suleman shortly after the children were born in 2009 and eventually began stalking Suleman and sending her threatening text messages, demanding to see the children.
"None of the allegations are true," Rodriguez said in an email. "This is a woman who became obsessed with the children and contacted me to help her write a book."
- Fly a flag for Cody: Army confirms Utah man...
- Mitt Romney talks IRS, AP records, Benghazi...
- 'Star Trek: Into Darkness' does $70.6M but...
- 2 men arrested in killing over iPad in Las Vegas
- Republicans try to link IRS scandal, Obama's...
- LDS missionary 'stable' following hit-and-run...
- White House insists Obama was not involved in...
- Small Fla. city wonders who won $590.5...
- Mitt Romney talks IRS, AP records,... 63
- Journalists push back against Obama... 21
- White House insists Obama was not... 19
- House chairman sees IRS targeting as... 16
- Republicans try to link IRS scandal,... 12
- Associated Press CEO calls records... 12
- President Obama walking a familiar path... 11
- Tea party looks to take advantage of... 10