Utah Jazz: Inside players hope addition of 3-point shooters will open up the offense down low
"Any time you bring in guys that have shot well their whole careers, that's a good thing," Hayward said. "We've got to shoot shots if we want to make them, so there were times when we didn't really get up many shots. That's difficult if you want to shoot a good percentage."
Even with added and possibly improved shooters, the Jazz aren't just going to treat games like 3-point-shooting contests. Corbin insists the outside attack will happen naturally and won't be forced.
"It's going to help us out a lot because we're a team that likes to pound it down, likes to get easy buckets in the lane," Millsap said. "If we've got guys out there that can shoot, especially for us (big guys), that'll make it a lot easier on us and help our team out a lot.
"Thus far, we've seen an abundance of shooters, Mo; Marvin Williams has been stroking it pretty good. Burks has been working on his jump shots. Guys like that will help open the floor for us."
And that's something that makes Big Al smile.
"I think it's just going to help me out big time," Jefferson said. "Once again, the GM did a great job of getting shooters around."
EMAIL: email@example.com TWITTER: DJJazzyJody
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on continued...
- Ranking the best rookie seasons in Utah Jazz...
- Utah cyclist dies Sunday at the age of 23
- Damian Lillard stars in hilarious Adidas ad...
- Bingham kicker commits to Utah after...
- Danny Berger and Jordan Stone to play at...
- CougarLinks: Former Cornhusker reportedly...
- BYU football: Cougars land commitment from...
- BYU football: Cougars land commitment... 50
- Bingham kicker commits to Utah after... 47
- CougarLinks: Former Cornhusker... 44
- ESPN report: Jabari Parker rules out... 42
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 37
- Utah football: Utes are eager to pick... 33
- Utah Jazz: Jazz suffer weird loss... 24
- Should the Jazz intentionally lose to... 23