Deseret News archives
Mayor Mia Love said something offensive and absurd while debating Rep. Jim Matheson in the 4th District race. She said, "We don't know Jim Matheson."
Is Love new to Utah? Is Matheson not the same person who has dedicated the last 12 years of his life and his family's life to public service to represent each citizen of Utah whether Republican, Democrat or Independent? Is Matheson not the same person who for over a decade has given thousands of public speeches and answered thousands of questions while representing Utah?
Matheson and his family have been in Utah for six generations; he was born in Salt Lake City and raised by two wonderful parents — Gov. Scott Matheson and Norma.
There are two things we know for sure; Jim Matheson and his family have dedicated the majority of their lives to serve the great state of Utah and its people with honesty, integrity and Utah values. Secondly, Love needs to drop the cliché, "We don't know Jim Matheson," from her campaign tactics.
George E. Furgis
Salt Lake City
- President Boyd K. Packer — 'defender'...
- In our opinion: Declaration of Independence...
- My view: Everything you think you know about...
- Letter: Patriotism has not died
- In our opinion: Supreme Court ruling for...
- Letter: The Fourth
- My view: Move the prison for the sake of...
- Greg Bell: Smartphones, tablets, laptops are...
- Letter: Disregarding liberty, laws 51
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 41
- Letter: Trump’s chances 35
- Robert J. Samuelson: Are policies... 31
- Richard Davis: Time to fix Obamacare... 29
- Dan Liljenquist: Time to relegate the... 26
- Letter: Patriotism has not died 24
- Neil Flinders: Keeping track of school... 21