The Boise Temple in Idaho will host an open house beginning Saturday, Oct. 13.
The 28-year-old LDS temple has been undergoing extensive renovations for the past year and will be rededicated Sunday, Nov. 18. Church leaders originally thought the building only needed minor repares to plumbing, heating and cooling systems. However, closer inspection showed the building in need of extensive updates.
The building was stripped down to the studs and concrete. The updated building has been remodeled from its new exterior of white granite to the interior decorations of stained-glass and chandeliers.
Free tickets to the open house, which runs through Nov. 10, can be reserved online at mormontemples.org/boise.
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered for...
- 10 things to do with an LDS account
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged to Miss...
- Tips for LDS bloggers from the 'ultimate...
- Court: Mormon church, members not liable in...
- 'The Voice' fans angry about replacement of...
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered... 59
- Croatians vote against same-sex marriage 49
- Cardinal Dolan says Catholic church... 38
- Court: Mormon church, members not... 34
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 30
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 30
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged... 27
- Ask Angela: Woman shares update on... 20