The Boise Temple in Idaho will host an open house beginning Saturday, Oct. 13.
The 28-year-old LDS temple has been undergoing extensive renovations for the past year and will be rededicated Sunday, Nov. 18. Church leaders originally thought the building only needed minor repares to plumbing, heating and cooling systems. However, closer inspection showed the building in need of extensive updates.
The building was stripped down to the studs and concrete. The updated building has been remodeled from its new exterior of white granite to the interior decorations of stained-glass and chandeliers.
Free tickets to the open house, which runs through Nov. 10, can be reserved online at mormontemples.org/boise.
- 'Because of Him': LDS video on Christ...
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- First Presidency Easter Message
- Miracles found at new temple in Florida
- The Book of Mormon claims No. 1 spot on list...
- The story behind the missionary reality TV...
- How much did President Obama donate to his...
- Watch: Mormon Tabernacle Choir performs...
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 90
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 79
- Zeroing in on religious hubs, atheists... 78
- The Book of Mormon claims No. 1 spot on... 53
- How much did President Obama donate to... 47
- Elizabeth Smart talks forgiveness and... 27
- The story behind the missionary reality... 15
- 'Because of Him': LDS video on Christ... 14