The Boise Temple in Idaho will host an open house beginning Saturday, Oct. 13.
The 28-year-old LDS temple has been undergoing extensive renovations for the past year and will be rededicated Sunday, Nov. 18. Church leaders originally thought the building only needed minor repares to plumbing, heating and cooling systems. However, closer inspection showed the building in need of extensive updates.
The building was stripped down to the studs and concrete. The updated building has been remodeled from its new exterior of white granite to the interior decorations of stained-glass and chandeliers.
Free tickets to the open house, which runs through Nov. 10, can be reserved online at mormontemples.org/boise.
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- LDS Church releases video, topic page...
- An LDS missionary and a Marine: Twin brothers...
- Wright Words: A day in the life of Mormon...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to perform...
- LDS grandmother completes Personal Progress...
- 'Meet the Mormons' box office continues to...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 42
- LDS Church releases video, topic page... 30
- LDS CIO helps LDSTech attendees better... 26
- Vatican alters draft report translation... 23
- Why I stand with the Houston Five 20
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 19
- An LDS missionary and a Marine: Twin... 12
- Here's how you can learn more about God 12