The Boise Temple in Idaho will host an open house beginning Saturday, Oct. 13.
The 28-year-old LDS temple has been undergoing extensive renovations for the past year and will be rededicated Sunday, Nov. 18. Church leaders originally thought the building only needed minor repares to plumbing, heating and cooling systems. However, closer inspection showed the building in need of extensive updates.
The building was stripped down to the studs and concrete. The updated building has been remodeled from its new exterior of white granite to the interior decorations of stained-glass and chandeliers.
Free tickets to the open house, which runs through Nov. 10, can be reserved online at mormontemples.org/boise.
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house tickets...
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Mormon couple celebrates 75 years of true love
- New features at Ogden Temple reception tent...
- Chinese group provides home for new LDS converts
- Hamblin & Peterson: Constantine's... 25
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a... 18
- 66,511 volunteers set FamilySearch... 17
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 17
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 14
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house... 8
- Thirty countries require leaders to... 5
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11... 5