The Boise Temple in Idaho will host an open house beginning Saturday, Oct. 13.
The 28-year-old LDS temple has been undergoing extensive renovations for the past year and will be rededicated Sunday, Nov. 18. Church leaders originally thought the building only needed minor repares to plumbing, heating and cooling systems. However, closer inspection showed the building in need of extensive updates.
The building was stripped down to the studs and concrete. The updated building has been remodeled from its new exterior of white granite to the interior decorations of stained-glass and chandeliers.
Free tickets to the open house, which runs through Nov. 10, can be reserved online at mormontemples.org/boise.
- Germany: Syrian asylum seekers blows himself...
- President and Sister Uchtdorf visit site of...
- Mormon Mentions: Bryce Harper posts about his...
- James Dobson joins evangelicals for Trump
- Donald Trump's 'evangelical moment' during...
- In Germany, secular...
- Muslims celebrate lifting of Lagos hijab ban
- Does Hollywood demean — or misrepresent...
- President Uchtdorf visits refugees;... 29
- Erin Stewart: Should you teach your... 16
- What motivates (the few) evangelicals... 12
- Can Hillary Clinton finally close the... 11
- Donald Trump's 'evangelical moment'... 10
- How would you describe God in just one... 10
- James Dobson joins evangelicals for Trump 9
- Does Hollywood demean — or... 9