The first presidential debate revealed something that many Americans have gradually come to realize over the last four disastrous years: The political leader inhabiting the White House — hailed by the awe-struck multitudes in almost messianic terms when he was elected in 2008; fawned over by the media, academe, Hollywood, and progressives; cheered by adoring crowds wherever he walked — has proven to be nothing more than an illusion — a shallow, uninformed, fake hiding behind the curtain of his teleprompter.
- In our opinion: Don't make Hagel a scapegoat;...
- SNL takes on Obama's executive order
- Michael Gerson: The big 'but' — Obama's...
- Letter: New slavery
- Letter: What this issue is really about
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Sea turtles and...
- Letter: Hooray for the initiative
- My view: Nonpartisan board elections ahead