Mother of former Navy SEAL asks Mitt Romney to stop talking about son
Mike Munden, AP
SIDNEY, Ohio — The mother of a former Navy SEAL killed in Libya has called on Mitt Romney to stop talking about her son during his political campaign.
A spokesman for the Republican presidential candidate says Romney will respect her wishes.
Romney has been telling voters of sharing a Christmas dinner with the former SEAL, Glen Doherty, two or three years ago. Doherty was among four Americans killed in the attacks in Benghazi.
Romney has been trying to show a more personal side in recent days. He's also been criticizing President Barack Obama's over the attack in Libya.
On Wednesday, Doherty's mother, Barbara Doherty, told Boston television station WHDH that she doesn't trust Romney and called on Romney to stop making her son's death, in her words, "part of his political agenda."
- Disney ending funding to Boy Scouts in 2015...
- Girl Scouts asked to end partnership with Barbie
- Obama administration allows 2-year extension...
- New Ukraine prime minister: Crimea will...
- 23 Mormon missionaries in Ukraine transferred...
- Looking to win a battle in the 16th century?...
- US announces visa restrictions on Russians
- Former baseball star Mariano Rivera rescues,...
- No longer loyal to Boy Scouts of... 51
- Obama administration allows 2-year... 22
- Putin: Russia has right to use force in... 21
- Disney ending funding to Boy Scouts in... 20
- Thousands march in pro-invasion rally... 11
- Obama appeals to Democrats in 2015... 11
- Former IRS official Lois Lerner again... 10
- Ukrainian software professionals... 10