Our take: Out of Mitt Romney's five sons, his eldest son Tagg has emerged as the one with greater influence and sway, blending the political team, the family and the finance team all together in "Romney World," Robert Costa of National Review reports.
"For much of his life, Tagg, age 42, has been his father's biggest supporter, as well as his most candid critic. At age 12, he went from idolizing his father to deciding, 'in a fit of adolescent rebellion, that his father was a nerd,' Tagg recently recalled, according to the New York Times. 'I think it broke his heart because he had been my hero, and all of a sudden, I didn't want anything to do with him,' Tagg said. Ever since, he and his father have had a close bond, but Tagg has never shied away from voicing his opinion.
"Whether it's backstage at the debates or during Sunday-evening phone calls, Tagg is in constant contact with the Republican nominee. On paper, he doesn't have a title beyond 'surrogate,' but outside of Ann Romney, there is no one in the family who has greater influence and sway.
"As Ann Romney told me last week, Tagg may be getting headlines as an inside player, but inside of the family and the campaign, little has changed. 'Tagg may have gotten a little more publicity, maybe,' she said, but Romneys family has a long history of advocacy. He's speaking up, to be sure, but for Tagg, at least, that's hardly news."
- Indiana man's confession leads to 7 bodies
- The poorest of the poor in many Third World...
- Virus expert sees 'silver lining' in Ebola...
- Students clean up after mayhem near pumpkin fest
- Wanted: Cities interested in hosting 2024...
- This type of high school can increase your...
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Africa and...
- Expelled Nazis got millions in Social Security
- Can public officials refuse to perform... 68
- Official: 2nd worker isolated within 90... 21
- New Ebola 'czar' knows Washington, but... 21
- Why I stand with the Houston Five 19
- Vatican alters draft report translation... 17
- On campaign trail, Obama says GOP is... 15
- Are teachers getting behind Common... 15
- Gay marriage becomes legal in Arizona,... 14