Our take: Out of Mitt Romney's five sons, his eldest son Tagg has emerged as the one with greater influence and sway, blending the political team, the family and the finance team all together in "Romney World," Robert Costa of National Review reports.
"For much of his life, Tagg, age 42, has been his father's biggest supporter, as well as his most candid critic. At age 12, he went from idolizing his father to deciding, 'in a fit of adolescent rebellion, that his father was a nerd,' Tagg recently recalled, according to the New York Times. 'I think it broke his heart because he had been my hero, and all of a sudden, I didn't want anything to do with him,' Tagg said. Ever since, he and his father have had a close bond, but Tagg has never shied away from voicing his opinion.
"Whether it's backstage at the debates or during Sunday-evening phone calls, Tagg is in constant contact with the Republican nominee. On paper, he doesn't have a title beyond 'surrogate,' but outside of Ann Romney, there is no one in the family who has greater influence and sway.
"As Ann Romney told me last week, Tagg may be getting headlines as an inside player, but inside of the family and the campaign, little has changed. 'Tagg may have gotten a little more publicity, maybe,' she said, but Romneys family has a long history of advocacy. He's speaking up, to be sure, but for Tagg, at least, that's hardly news."
- Georgia girl struck by plane on Florida beach...
- Comic-Con's dark side: Harassment amid the...
- Trial begins for Salt Lake attorney seeking...
- The Great War: 100 photos marking 100 years...
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all lovers
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11 museum,...
- Be ready for 'prolonged' Gaza war, Netanyahu...
- NCAA settles head injury suit, will change rules
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all... 43
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Feds cap fines for not buying health... 22
- Obama maintains busy fundraising... 22
- After government topples crosses in... 19
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 15
- Gaza sides agree to lull but truce... 13
- Sarah Palin launches online... 10