In a column at ESPN.com, DJ Gallo suggests that LeBron James critics need to find a new target for their ire, and that Bryce Harper — "the LeBron of baseball" — could be the perfect match.
Bryce Harper, the LDS ballplayer from Las Vegas, made headlines this year for his talent, as well as his quotes ("Clown question, bro"). He has had a fine rookie season with the Washington Nationals (22 homers, .270 batting average).
Now his fame is catching up with him.
Harper is 1-for-10 so far in the playoffs, causing Gallo to jokingly label him baseball's LeBron, i.e. a freakishly talented athlete who hasn't yet met the expectations placed on him as a teen.
There's even talk that a few years down the road, Harper will move on to New York.
So get ready, as Gallo says, here comes LeBryce.
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head coach...
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- BYU men's basketball: Winder steps up big in...
- BYU's Tyler Haws' recovery from an ankle...
- Jordan's Austin Kafentzis will keep his...
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all brawl...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 170
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 107
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 51
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 43